Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:41 AM

3 posts, read 62,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
Lighten up... I have a very plentiful "Life". With no more "birds" flapping around inside Obviously, you did not read the whole thread.. Get a Life Here's a NJ saying for ya Go **** yourself.
HI - oh i feel terrible that you thought i was 'insulting' you - absolutely NOT!
i was using ''get a life'' just as a general-term meaning ''not to take all of this seriously'' and 'don''t worry''. Guess it was the ''wrong choice of words..???
There's nothing scientifcally proven that anything along those lines could cause a death... and i felt badly that you were so frightened about such a possibility.... i couldn't believe that people would actually believe 'old wives tails' and was merely trying to off=set any such misconceptions....... you have absoltely nothing to worry about now or if it ever happens again. If all of this were true we'd be reading about these occurrences daily in the papers and on t.v. ....it would be too 'newsworthy'' to be ignored by the media..... have a great day and Happy Labor Day..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2006, 09:04 AM

741 posts, read 3,510,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYTHE View Post

HI - oh i feel terrible that you thought i was 'insulting' you - absolutely NOT!
i was using ''get a life'' just as a general-term meaning ''not to take all of this seriously'' and 'don''t worry''. Guess it was the ''wrong choice of words..???
There's nothing scientifcally proven that anything along those lines could cause a death... and i felt badly that you were so frightened about such a possibility.... i couldn't believe that people would actually believe 'old wives tails' and was merely trying to off=set any such misconceptions....... you have absoltely nothing to worry about now or if it ever happens again. If all of this were true we'd be reading about these occurrences daily in the papers and on t.v. ....it would be too 'newsworthy'' to be ignored by the media..... have a great day and Happy Labor Day..
Thank You, I guess I was PMSing on that day. Have a great holiday I take back the NJ saying.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 AM

3 posts, read 62,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
Thank You, I guess I was PMSing on that day. Have a great holiday I take back the NJ saying.
Hi ... oh i have days like that - as i get older they're coming more frequently - lol -- and by the way ''WHAT'' N.J. saying!!''??? : rolleyes:
Happy Holiday to you too .....

Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 AM

2 posts, read 9,596 times
Lightbulb birds in the house, means death

Yes, it does for my family. We have several omen warnings, that have never failed, these omens are at least 4 generations in my family.

Birds, when ever a family member has passed, we usually get a bird that flys in the house or hovers over the house, or better aims for your head and flys past it. (3) times this happend to me an each one was a death, Now each death was unsuspecting/sudden deaths.

Snakes in a dream, warning that you are surrounded around deceitful person/ people with every intention of harming you, physically or mentally.

Fish represents a pregnancy, my father new when all my sisters were pregnant, from his fish dreams, so did my mom. In college I was able to tell my dorm mates,

The last one, when my hand itches, I'm going to win money, not just get/receive it but win it. Its the only time I gamble, slot, tracks, lottery, horses.

I have found some families or people are sensitive to there omens, some people just ingore them. Mine have helped my family in many ways........pay attention and find out what is yours.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
So how do ya find out? I think I would be embarrassed to even ask my older family members if we have any omens! And my family is not really supersticious at all.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 6,758 times
Ok, You tell me if there is truth to the myth about a bird finding its way into your humble abode. I was sitting in my kitchen one fall morning this year in 2008 and I will say this, my garage door was wide open so a flock of geese could of flown in also, but to make point here a lil finch of some sort found its way into my kitchen, then my living room, into my bedroom as I tried shoooooing it out the front door. It took about three attemps with blanket and pillows in hand to coax it down the steps and into the living room and out the front door. Two weeks later recieved a phone call one of my eldest sisters were diagnosed with stage four cancer. Im freakin since. Say what you will or be a doubting thomas but how often does these sorta occurances happen to you with a 99.9 % chance of not being correct I ask. This is one for Myth Busters indeed. Good Day.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:52 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,953,253 times
Default bird in house

Well, my story's a little different. About 10 years ago my sister and b-i-l had several zebra finches. one would not stay in his cage, could unlatch the door easily...none of the others would try, She had a St. Bernard/German Shepard mix and Australian Shepard. Well one cold winter evening they were sitting in the den and heard the aussie running and chasing something, the St Bern./shepard just raised his head and laid back down, he didn't do 'foolishness" . They figured she was chasing the cat or a mouse that they always seemed to have in their turn of the century home, no matter how many cats they have.

The aussie came running into the room chasing the finch, who had gotten out and was dive bombing the dog. they started laughing and watched a few more laps around the dining room, living room and into the den. Then the finch flew in, right by both their heads and straight into the fire....not just fireplace - but into the fire. heard as szzzzzzp and bird was no more. Of course the aussie went running over to see where 'her friend" went and got close to the heat and turned and looked at them like "what happened?" they were shocked, laughing and stunned at the same time. suicide by play?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
Ok, I'm freaking out now, This morning we had a bird in our house. My husband noticed it when he was downstairs coming out of the bathroom. It took awhile to get it out, it actually died in the house after it flew near me and I screamed flailing my arms wildly.(It was a real sight to withhold). Crisis averted. Untill, my friend tells me a bird in the house means death. Has anyone had a bird in their house and nobody died? Any thoughts?
It depends on how the bird entered the house and what kind of bird it was.

A bird entering the house through the chimney foreshadows a death in the household and it tends to specify a member of the family if it hovers in a particular bedroom. If the bird had a white belly this is particularly bad. A bird with black and white means that the circumstances of death will involve evil. If it was a sparrow it may have been a deceased relative trying to warn you of some coming misfortune.

If the bird was a dove or a pigeon it could actually be good luck except that it died. Your luck may have died.

I would advise you not to make any stock purchases or go to Vegas for a while.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,647 times
We had a red bellied bat fly in tonight what does this mean?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 6,596 times
omg, a bird is trapped in my basement and i automatically remembered my mother saying that a bird in your home means death, im freaking out right now, please someone reassure me that this is nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House