Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:29 PM

36 posts, read 94,993 times

Advertisements

NOT happy with Spring High School. Anyone have any good alternatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 PM

799 posts, read 3,693,017 times
As a graduate of Spring High, I am sorry to hear your not happy with it ;(..I don't think there are alot of private school options close by, a couple of Catholic schools such as St. Edwards..There is John Cooper in The Woodlands,and Trinity Lutheran in Klein.. a bit of a ways..what about private home schooling? It is getting to be a popular option these days.
As for Spring itself, zoned to Spring High..I have known a couple of people who sent their kids to St. Edwards and were happy with it..I would not send mine because I am not Catholic but it may be an option for you.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,436,539 times
Easy solution. Move to the Klein district. Same basic area. For the amount you'll spend on private school, it'll cover your moving costs.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Northland is located at Bammel Church at 1960 west of Kuykendahl.. The rumor is that the elementary school will be moving to Champion Forest Baptist on Stuebner Airline just south of Cypress Creek. Their high school is south of 1960, east of Stuebner Airline.
If your kid has a little different learning style, watch out for Klein. They are very good with average kids. A friends kid always had trouble with school. She had after school tutoring and her mom hired teachers at the school to also tutor, for years. The family moved the kid to Northland. While testing for placement in the 6th grade, it was discovered the kid could not read. Just read where a family won a lawsuit against Klein. The concerned parents were told for years that their son's problem was with language. They finally discovered that he could not write. He had never had to write anything for 7 years. The district will have to pay for 2 years private boarding school and all of their legal fees.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM

My kids also go to Klein Schools, Klein caters to above average kids (mine are average). I have friends with below average kids whose experience with Klein was a nightmare, they don't seem to have alot of interest in below average students and are not very helpful .

Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Well we actually live closer to Conroe schools than we do Spring. Cant get a transfer.....

Old 10-26-2010, 10:37 AM

Where do you live? I am not understanding how you can live closer to Conroe and your kids are going to Spring? There is Spring ISd, Klein ISD is next door and then Conroe ISD as you come north..Maybe John Cooper in The Woodlands is a possibility for you? I get nothing but rave reviews about that school although I heard it can be difficult to get into (waiting list) and is expensive.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:41 AM

I live at 45 and Hardy - Villiages of Northgate

Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 AM

okay, that explains it. thats a relatively new area..I'm from Spring and my knowledge is old,lol!
I didn't realize that area would be zoned to Spring..makes no sense..
There's Oakridge Christian Academy and The Woodlands Christian Academy, don't know alot about them but may be closer to you and worth checking into..I know its hard with kids in school..I got divorced and moved to the country and my two younger kids couldn't adjust to the new schools so now they are both living with my ex and staying in the Klein school district..but they are doing well there, thats where they grew up but its difficult for me not having them with me..Even considered homeschooling my 14 yr old daughter because she didn't want to move and may still do it in the future..

Old 10-26-2010, 10:52 AM

Private schools are so expensive! I may consider virtual school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston