Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,436 times

Advertisements

Fort Bend Christmas Lights

Hello,

Has anyone else had trouble with service from Fort Bend Christmas Lights company in the Houston Area?

As of now i have been leaving messages on both of their phone numbers and sending emails since Friday of last week (today is Wednesday) and they have not returned any messages.

One of the owners returned my call last Thursday and promised to come the next day to fix the problem. I have not heard from them since.

I thought they were reputable and they were happy to accept my $300 check and cash it. But the job was not well done and lights are now not turning on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM

24 posts, read 59,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingintheprairie View Post

Hello,

Has anyone else had trouble with service from Fort Bend Christmas Lights company in the Houston Area?

As of now i have been leaving messages on both of their phone numbers and sending emails since Friday of last week (today is Wednesday) and they have not returned any messages.

One of the owners returned my call last Thursday and promised to come the next day to fix the problem. I have not heard from them since.

I thought they were reputable and they were happy to accept my $300 check and cash it. But the job was not well done and lights are now not turning on.
I don't mean to be offensive, but why don't you just put up the lights yourself?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:20 PM

24,027 posts, read 15,129,288 times
Is this your guy ? Ft. Bend Christmas Lights Installed 832 253 8751
If so, he is going to get the prize for putting up illegal bandit signs and being the world's biggest liar.
It is against County and State law to put signs in the right of way. He has been putting them up in our neighborhood for weeks. The head of our sign removal group calls him, then he vows to stop and then continues to trash the place, but he said he gets 40 calls a day per sign He puts the signs up so high we need ladders and crowbars to get them down. It is a $500 fine per sign. The DA is pressing charges against him.
Stop calling people who advertise on those trashy signs people.:-)

Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 PM

201 posts, read 915,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxMalone View Post
I don't mean to be offensive, but why don't you just put up the lights yourself?
I've never hired someone to put up my lights but I would consider it.

Not speaking for the original poster, but some people like to have lights installed in high places, such as along their second floor roof line. I don't like heights so I would rather hire this out. I've seen a few crews doing this in my neighborhood, and they use a machine like the electric companies use to lift a person up and move them along the roof line as he installs the lights.

Some folks also like to put up a lot of lights. I saw one crew of 4-5 guys spend an entire day putting up lights on one house. They put lights along their entire roof line, around their trees, sidewalks, driveway, etc. It looks pretty nice, I must say.

As with most things, if you don't want to do it and you have the money to hire it out, why not?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:36 PM

243 posts, read 800,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingintheprairie View Post

Hello,

i understand that you are trying to get the guys who installed your lights to fix the problem, but herein lies the problem. i am a master electrician and had to perform several hours of on the job training and purchase the proper licenses and follow the apporpriate laws so that i could work on electrical components safely and legally. not only for the safety of me, but for my customers as well. the texas licensing board has not yet set any guidelines to prevent these part time electricians from performing electrical work without the proper insurance, training, etc. currently, there aren't any laws to regulate the installation of xmas lights even though it is, imo, electrical work. i am sure that the state of texas will soon regulate this service as they are constantly changing to protect all texans.

if you choose, i can troubleshoot your problems. of course, i have fees that i can discuss with you ahead of starting any work. i live in katy as well. if you decide that you may need my assistance, feel free to pm me. like i said, i understand that you are trying to go throught the proper procedures to remedy your situation. but as we all know, xmas is getting closer to being here. good luck.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:02 AM

Ft. Bend Christmas Lights advertise that they are licensed electricians.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,723,537 times
Quote:
why don't you just put up the lights yourself?
I don't understand is why this silly question keeps getting asked in here.
Being up on a wobbly ladder >12 ft in the air, with only one hand holding on sucks. Even more modern 1-story homes can reach 20 ft at their peaks. After doing this for a few years it's getting to where I might rather snatch someone for a quick cash job for the higher-up lights and concentrate on lining the driveway, wrapping bushes, tree trunks, etc.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 AM

One could buy enough lights to put on a good display on the ground for the price of an installer.
Spend 6 months immobile due to a stroke while on a 16 foot step ladder, and you will figure out how to do it on the ground. It was one of those good Little Giant ones, too.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 AM

243 posts, read 800,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Ft. Bend Christmas Lights advertise that they are licensed electricians.
then you can file a complaint here: https://www.license.state.tx.us/Comp...n=Electricians

Old 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,454,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxMalone View Post
Why take your car to a mechanic, when you could just fix it yourself?
Why take your computer to a repair person, when you could just fix it yourself?
Why hire a company to do your landscaping, when you could just do it yourself?
I could go on and on.
If you have the money and don't feel like doing something or can't do something yourself, then there are people out there that will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston