Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM

236 posts, read 1,203,344 times

Advertisements

So, my girlfriend and I have driven around the town looking at xmas lights for the past 5 years.

It was her idea this year to get a limo and make a date out of it... and I'm going to use this opportunity to propose to her as well.

During the middle of the tour of the xmas lights in Houston, I'd like to be dropped off at a quaint private or semi-private area that's all lit up with xmas lights and ask her then. We'd get back in the limo to what she thinks would be dinner, but really it'll be a surprise gathering of all our closest family and friends to celebrate the occasion with.

If I were aiming for Sunday the 26th, would this be a problem? I don't think places stop with the lights until through the New Year?

My main predicament is finding a private place in Houston to do this... I envision lots of xmas lights, perhaps even a gazebo lit up in lights.. but at the same time not swarming with people. Can anyone advise? I don't know how I'd feel about doing it in some rich neighborhood, as I know many of them have those lakes that lead out to a gazebo... but that may be odd huh?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 02:14 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,834,981 times
Bayou Bend maybe?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,604,029 times
Good luck and hopefully congratulations Andy. I can not think of a semi-private Christmas lighted area to propose. I am sorry. I just hope she says yes no matter where you decide to propose to her. Try maybe The Woodlands Waterway and the taxi dock next to the mall.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 AM

Ha we've been dating for 5+ years now, so I just want it to be nice and romantic. Not worried about whether or not she'll say yes

I wonder how private the galleria area would be around 8:30pm on Sunday night after Xmas? Probably not private at all huh ha

Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyATMcandy View Post
I wonder how private the galleria area would be around 8:30pm on Sunday night after Xmas? Probably not private at all huh ha
Isn't the day after Christmas usually the 2nd busiest shopping day of the year? I'd say avoid shopping areas if you're looking for privacy.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM

739 posts, read 2,136,463 times
How about Pecan Grove and propse at Pecan Grove Country Club (overlooking the golf course and lake). You can have a dinner party after the proposal on site.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM

I know post oak blvd has those 80 Christmas lights lit up and there's the waterfall nearby... I just don't know how packed it will be.

This may be happening Christmas night, soo yeah.

If I can find a secluded area there and pop the question there, I'd like to have family and friends over at Hermann Park waiting in one of their gazebos and we'd make our way to Hermann Park and be surprised with family/friends for celebration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston