Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydiva View Post
I live in PMR. My dry cleaner man is on some sort of board out in the area as he owns several locations. Strangely enough, there is a piece of land where a Kroger and a Lowe's were expected to go in right in front of Cinco SW and not far from Cross Creek, Westheimer Lakes, etc. I was told that the Cinco residents are the ones fighting it. Not sure how true all of this is, but if I knew which residents they were, I would knock them in the head.

Seriously? You build a house that backs up to a giant empty lot and there are signs that say "proposed commercial property" do not be shocked when it might actually happen.
I'm telling ya! If anything gets proposed that will benefit me by giving me proximity to necessities and by keeping gas money in my pocket, I will support it because if I fight it off, another developer may won't to put a go-kart park or even a big building there. Hey, a piece of land in a fast growing area is pretty valuable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I'm telling ya! If anything gets proposed that will benefit me by giving me proximity to necessities and by keeping gas money in my pocket, I will support it because if I fight it off, another developer may won't to put a go-kart park or even a big building there. Hey, a piece of land in a fast growing area is pretty valuable.
You wouln't think so if it were your house that backed up to something commercial. However, like katydiva, said, it shouldn't have been a surprise and why didn't they think of that when they bought. No doubt that it was the cheapest lots there for that very reason.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Sometimes, I wonder about people who fight off developments that will be beneficial for the community in the long run. In Alabama, a lot of people who live in the Birmingham area complain about having to drive way to another suburb for necessities; they complain about the traffic, the population, etc., but as soon as a developer wants to build a grocery store close by, they want to fight it off.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:04 PM

76 posts, read 257,618 times
Currently I live in Cinco with my 3 kids. We are building in Cardiff Ranch with Westin. I have looked for homes in Cinco, Cross Creek & Cardiff. I don't think people can write off Cardiff as not being comparable to Cross Creek or Cinco unless you are talking about the amenities. Cinco, hands down, has TONS of amenities that you really won't find in any other neighborhood. In regards to Cross Creek, it has the pool and cafe as well as a small gym that also provides classes. Cardiff however has just started building. It has less than 50 completed houses. They will be building a pool in the current section. However I just found out that Cardiff will be expanding across the street (1463). Pine Mill Ranch will be extending all the way out to 1463 and when everything is said and done, the current section of Cardiff will be in the middle of Cinco Ranch & Pine Mill Ranch. The future section of Cardiff (across 1463) will sit right next to Cross Creek. Cross Creek also is a more "Green" neighborhood. Cardiff is a more "Techinical" neighborhood...every home is solar panel ready with solar panels as an option. Every home also comes with a master panel which can control pretty much everything in the house, high speed internet and alarm support. My husband is an electronics fanatic, so this appealed to him. If you are wanting a lot of different pools you could go to, and lots of neighborhood events...look for something in Cinco. However, when all the building is done, all the neighborhoods will be side by side. The schools are top notch and will stay that way. It really boils down to what amenities you are looking for. As far as no fast food around here, I actually kind of like it....it means I cook more! Good luck!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 19,893 times
cinco is the sought out community by far, again depends on what your budget is. Cardiff is a newly upcoming location and ideal in my eyes. Houses are looking very nice and the community is as well. People are saying this may be the new hot area soon it is focused on the "green" idea - ammenities will be very nice with a huge pool to come soon - take a look at the Westin website for the layout of the community. Westin homes definitely have a nice layout, but again you always have to stay ontop of the builder. All of them regardless what you read or hear. We work in Houston and it's only at 20min drive - which is VERY nice and we have a mall around the block.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 AM

160 posts, read 399,353 times
My comment about Cinco and Cross Creek being better communities stems from the developers of these Communities. When I buy a home, I not only look at the builder but also the developer. More importantly, the previous communities the developer has created and how value holds up in them. With that being said, Newland Communities and Trendmaker Development have a long and quality reputation in developing value added communities ask your realtors that have been on the west side of town for a while. Or better yet search resale values in their previous communities.

Amenities are not just the pool and playgrounds. Amenities also include passive open spaces, walking trails, landscaped areas, etc. Of course Cinco will have much more than any community in this area due to its size. Ask your sales person or reator how much dedicated open space there is the in the community, miles of trails, etc and compare that to the overall size of the development. The planning, aesthetics, trail systems, open space, and other intangibles are what make a community in my opinion not a swimming pool.

As for the purchase of land on the west side of FM 1463 that is correct, but there is no guarantee that it will be part of Cardiff Ranch. The County deed records show the land was purchased by Beazer Homes, not the current developer of Cardiff Ranch.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:27 PM

20 posts, read 81,799 times
Been quite happy in Grand Lakes. It's tucked between Cinco & Seven Meadows. Each neighborhood has its own pool and greenbelts internal to the neighborhood. Its been quite nice living behind the elementary school when my son could walk to school. Very convenient to shopping. I work at I-10 & Hwy 6 and never make it farther into Houston than this, seem to find everything we need in Katy.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:39 PM

22 posts, read 170,975 times
PC50, you are right. 200 hundred acres was bought across the street from Cardiff Ranch by Beezer. I believe it is going to be called Church Hill Ranch? However, Beezer in Cardiff Ranch is struggling. They sold one home last year and have sold two homes this year in Cardiff. Because of this, they passed on their most recent lot take down which gave Westin and Meritage more lots since they have been doing all the selling...just goes to show when buying a home it's location, location, floorplan....lol

Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 PM

8 posts, read 25,932 times
I agree I dont live nearby at the moment we are currently building in Bridgeland and had looked in Discovery Spring Trails in the Woodlands. It ia Canyon Gate community just as Cardiff Ranch is however they have been building since 2007 by the same developer and guess what NO amenities yet with no prject date either. Get all your info from the developer we looked there over a year ago and was told they sheould start the pool that summer a year later and no pool. Be very careful on the developer as well as your builder.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 PM

76 posts, read 257,618 times
Westheimer Lakes North is a Canyon Gate community and it has several amenities such as pool, playground & tennis courts just to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston