Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:55 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,266,897 times

Advertisements

^^^
Just slinging a little smack, worldlyman. The are both great neighborhoods with their share of funk. I like that they are different so people can choose which one suits them best.

Great pix. We're coming back to Houston to take care of a little business for a few days month and are actually staying in the Heights. Looking forward to visiting old haunts. First stop - Ninfa's on Navigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 08:59 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,836,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
^^^
Just slinging a little smack, worldlyman. The are both great neighborhoods with their share of funk. I like that they are different so people can choose which one suits them best.

Great pix. We're coming back to Houston to take care of a little business for a few days month and are actually staying in the Heights. Looking forward to visiting old haunts. First stop - Ninfa's on Navigation.
If you haven't been to the original Ninfa's in awhile, expect some changes.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,658,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
SW Houston eateries may be gastronimic, but many people need a gastroenterologist after eating mystery meat entres there.
Proof? Evidence? Have you ever even eaten there at all?

Old 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,709,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Proof? Evidence? Have you ever even eaten there at all?
Do you REALLY want to see proof & evidence of illness from eating at a Harwin cafe? Really?

Part the fun of living in a multicultural city is joking around with each other. Do I really think they serve stray cats on Harwin? No, not often.

Is "mystery meat" a running joke for every Chinatown in America? Yes.

This is funny & light-hearted:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlPzRrcWM8FEVG9dzEZLAHJGDrvV5PG APS0LxXZCGTijdykifX (broken link)

Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,266,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
If you haven't been to the original Ninfa's in awhile, expect some changes.
We've only been gone since December. IMO, the food (and green sauce) still rocks.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 9,049 times
Heights is cool as long as you don't move to north heights. Next to each other but night and day. But from reading the little about you on here, I think that you will enjoy montrose way more.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 PM

59 posts, read 315,243 times
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. It is going to be very hard to decide but I am leaning towards Montrose. One thing though, I know it's known for it's large gay community (does not bother me whatsoever) but I was just wondering what the female hetero community was like there? Thanks again. Alex

Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston_alex View Post
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. It is going to be very hard to decide but I am leaning towards Montrose. One thing though, I know it's known for it's large gay community (does not bother me whatsoever) but I was just wondering what the female hetero community was like there? Thanks again. Alex
It still is Houston's gay and lesbian center, but don't let that fool you.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,689 times
We looked at houses in both Montrose and the Heights and ended up buying a bungalow in the Heights. The biggest difference I saw was that more houses have garages in the Heights. And with our house measuring just over 1200 sq.ft., I'll take all the strorage space I can get!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:17 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,055,000 times
Montrose does not have a feel of a large gay community anymore. id say the average person in montrose is a young hetero male or female. i left montrose in Feb

i prefer montrose over heights. heights is still too residential feeling for my taste. more and more cool places are coming to Montrose area. #1 being the haymaker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston