Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIBS98 View Post
Yes, you are a true humanitarian. There is Mother Teresa, Gandhi and you.
Forgot to mention Ronald Reagan and his 1986 amnesty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
Why not roll up your sleeves and do the work yourself? You'll save money, get the satisfaction of doing it yourself, and you won't be contributing to the problem that is hiring illegal workers. Did you read that - ILLEGAL workers.

If you really don't want to do it yourself, be a good American and hire someone born and living here LEGALLY. You'll give someone a job and help the country.
I work too much and dont give a rats ass if it is illegal, honestly. I just want an old house exterior painted cheaply.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
You guys are so funny sometimes. Every one of you lives in a house that, to some extent, was built by illegals. You live on a street that was laid or repaired, to some extent, by illegals. The common areas of your neighborhoods are groomed, to some extent, by illegals.

So where the heck do you get off chiding ANYone for hiring illegals?

Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

If you had to have your roof replaced and hired an all-non-hispanic crew to do it, you'd be yelling to high heaven about the price.

Illegals are here to stay. Live with it.

Ronnie

Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Thats why its cheap to live in Houston compared to other big cities!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Thats why its cheap to live in Houston compared to other big cities!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
There's no preaching - just a wake up call. Hiring illegal aliens is illegal, so I guess you're happy engaging in illegal activity. The bigger issue is the economy and doing what's right for this county. Part of the whole economy mess is due to people giving money to illegals, instead of folks who are here legally.

The whole "the illegals will work for less" is a crock of dung. If you look around, you can find people here legally who will work for the same price. The problem is, you're too lazy to even try.

Many times the money given to illegals goes back across the border. So the money earned here isn't even used or put back into the economy here, and that cheats us all. Wake up traitors.
You really believe that? Take roofing for example. When's the last time you saw a black/white/asian/middleastern dude on a roof? Never.

If you pass 10 trucks pulling trailers loaded with lawn equipment, how many are driven by hispanics? 8 of 10? 9 of 10?

Where are all the white dudes, black dudes, asian dudes etc that will do roofs and lawn care for the same price? Nowhere, that's where.

Sorry, man, but I think you're out of touch with reality. But my opinion and 30 cents will get you a pack of gum at Walgreen's.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM

111 posts, read 208,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
You really believe that? Take roofing for example. When's the last time you saw a black/white/asian/middleastern dude on a roof? Never.

If you pass 10 trucks pulling trailers loaded with lawn equipment, how many are driven by hispanics? 8 of 10? 9 of 10?

Where are all the white dudes, black dudes, asian dudes etc that will do roofs and lawn care for the same price? Nowhere, that's where.

Sorry, man, but I think you're out of touch with reality. But my opinion and 30 cents will get you a pack of gum at Walgreen's.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie
*sighs*

Pretty soon we will be saying the same thing about corporate jobs...where's the *insert ethnicity* dude that's willing to manage the finances for $2/hr?? He's nowhere of course, bc all the jobs will have been outsourced!!! It's nothing like calling in to customer service already aggravated only to be further infuriated by someone who can't even understand you!

You are insisting we do what these big corporations do - penny pinch our jobs away. "I'm just sayin" that it's a slippery slope...

Old 07-26-2011, 03:17 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
*sighs*

Pretty soon we will be saying the same thing about corporate jobs...where's the *insert ethnicity* dude that's willing to manage the finances for $2/hr?? He's nowhere of course, bc all the jobs will have been outsourced!!! It's nothing like calling in to customer service already aggravated only to be further infuriated by someone who can't even understand you!

You are insisting we do what these big corporations do - penny pinch our jobs away. "I'm just sayin" that it's a slippery slope...
My company already does this...many of the HR/benefit functions are done in some 2nd tier European country. Certainly not the fastest way to do things.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
My company already does this...many of the HR/benefit functions are done in some 2nd tier European country. Certainly not the fastest way to do things.
Companies have been outsourcing background / reference type checks and other "new hire" stuff to India for at least the past 10 years.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:27 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryFriend View Post
I would rather be lazy than poor and uneducated
Who ever said you're not both? That being said I would also like to know where can I get some Mexicans on sale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston