Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,246 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I just graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison (Yohoo! BADGER!!), and have moved to sugar land area recently. I am looking for a fitness center with basketball in sugar land area since I absolutely have nothing to do right now. After a decent research, I know basically ALL of the fitness centers SUCKS in sugar land But to pick from the list, I "guess" Lifetime fitness is the better choice than 24 hours? And does anyone to know, when is the best time to play bball with LESS crowded time? So far I can go from 9am to 12pm. How's this time? Nice to know all of you Houstonians!!! CHEERS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:18 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,487 times
Did you look into LA Fitness?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 AM

469 posts, read 1,100,657 times
Wow, Lifetime Fitness sucks? That place is like a palace but is pricey. What are you looking for that makes all these places suck?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:51 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin37 View Post
After a decent research, I know basically ALL of the fitness centers SUCKS in sugar land But to pick from the list, I "guess" Lifetime fitness is the better choice than 24 hours?
What makes you say that Lifetime Fitness sucks? I have lived all over the country and Lifetime is one of the nicest fitness centers I've ever used. The place is massive, clean, and offers a lot to do. What don't you like about it?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM

114 posts, read 253,124 times
There are plenty of good places to hoop in Houston. Depending on your skill level, there's Fonde, U of H, TSU, the 24's downtown, in Meyerland, and at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford, and the LA Fitness on Richmond...I'm sure I'm leaving out a bunch, especially on the North side of town. As for Sugar Land, I know the Lifetime there on Highway 6 is decent (can't say at what times, though). I used to play there a bit. It was a while ago, so it may have changed, but it used to be a lot of talented high school kids from the area, whereas a lot of the places in Houston are a little bit of an older crowd, like 20-30 years old.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,246 times
Sorry for the confusion, I meant Lifetime fitness is great by having lots of equipments but the reviews said they have poor management? I never been to any kind of fitness center beside university's gym. So I just want to make sure is paying $60/month worth it in Lifetime? And for 24 hours fitness, the recent google review, everyone is giving it one star, so I think its obvious life time is better than 24hours? Thank you guys for advices!

Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin37 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I meant Lifetime fitness is great by having lots of equipments but the reviews said they have poor management?
I am not sure why people are saying that Lifetime has poor management. I haven't found that to be the case.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:27 PM

111 posts, read 208,373 times
Try the YMCA...they have multiple courts and are reasonably priced.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 38,254 times
Lifetime is the place to be!! I was a member at the Sugarland Lifetime for 6 years before I moved closer to Houston. The basketball courts are always packed there, so you should be able to find some great pick up games!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 AM

114 posts, read 253,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
Try the YMCA...they have multiple courts and are reasonably priced.
Which YMCA? If you are referring to the one off of Highway 6 (in Mo City), I've never seen anything even barely resembling quality basketball there in the several times I've been. I mean, maybe they play at weird times up there, but generally speaking, if a place doesn't have good games around 6-8pm during the week, then there aren't ever good games at that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston