Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,470 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of buying a house at Hawks Landing by Gehan builders. What is your opinion on Woodcreek elementary school and also, can somebody please recommend a good preschool for my daughter who is almost 4 years. I am looking for a part-time preschool program not too far from this neighborhood. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 AM

3 posts, read 11,055 times
Default Hawks Landing

I just purchased a home in Hawks Landing by Gehan Homes. Anyone else live in the community? I was wondering what the status of the timeframe when the community center would be completed. Went with Gehan based on the floorplan options.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:04 AM

3 posts, read 11,055 times
Default Hawks Landing update

My understanding is that they will start developing Phase 2 & 3 in August which this will include starting on the Community pool.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,070 times
I'm hoping another builder comes in...gehan and castlerock aren't the greatest. Also, the tax rate is pretty high there. BUT...there is potential there because of location and schools.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM

18 posts, read 57,545 times
I was there on Sunday. I liked it. Looking forward to getting more information on options and seeing what exists for incentives. Pros and cons with both builders. I know they are building the pool soon, but I would be ticked if I bought last year and still didn't have a pool or playground.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 AM

3 posts, read 5,909 times
My wife and I will be moving into our new home in DEC. if everything goes to plan. We are extremely excited! Our 1st home and the start of our family....kids soon I think, lol. We will have the first Glenwood model by Castlerock. I heard the next section is going to be starting at the first of the year. There are quite a few homes being built currently and the last time I spoke with our sales rep. she stated there were only 7 or 8 lots/homes available. Anyway if anyone has any questions about the area I will try and answer best I can.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 PM

4 posts, read 15,998 times
Default club house

We just started building at Hawks Landing with Castle Rock. We drove by today and there are constructions going on for the pool and club house! Not sure when it will be completed though but it looks like they are moving pretty quick.

Capriola58, We just checked the Katy ISD website and it looks like they have plans to open a new elementary school right by the new junior high school. The land for the junior high school is already purchased (located back of Hawks Landing) but the elementary school is still tbd.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,716 times
We are currently building! Does anyone know how long it takes to build? We still have not recieved an official loan approval yet from their preferred lender. Is this normal?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 15,998 times
Should take about 4 months. The construction manager told us he will have 115 days to build a home from the date he received the building package.

We are going through their lender and it took about a week to get the approval letter. Hope that answers your question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evankiki View Post
We are currently building! Does anyone know how long it takes to build? We still have not recieved an official loan approval yet from their preferred lender. Is this normal?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,219 times
hello all, This is a nice forum. There is a lot of useful information i am able to get from your posts. Thank you all for that!
We are also intersted in this community (we are looking at Laguna II by Castle Rock) and are planning to sign our contract this week. This will be our 1st house to buy and we are taking baby steps in the process.
Can anyone who has already bought similar plans from castle rock share some information on how flexible the builder is with negotiating the base price and can we ask for any perks suchas free upgrades, etc.
Thank you all in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston