Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:05 PM

5 posts, read 13,393 times

Advertisements

These murders are crazy. Haven't had any in 2 or more years and now we have 3. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 01:26 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times
is it the neo-nazi gang again? i haven't been watching the news

Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
The ones last night weren't random according to the news - they knew each other. That happens anywhere,

Old 11-21-2011, 06:57 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,709,877 times
The other one last week was at the Food Town. That crappy store caters to the Lone Star Card and "Quick cash for gold" customer.

Anyway the guy (a NOLA transplant) who was killed last week was an employee of that store. I didn't know him but I've seen that completely crazy car he was supposedly killed over. It was an old Caprice with a custom paint job and all kinds of NOLA/Saints stuff on it, maybe $10,000 in rims & tires, and a competition-grade sound system. Like the news stories said, that thing really was a club on wheels. You could hear that thing for about a half mile radius (not exaggerating) and it actually sounded pretty good. All that + taking care of a kid on a Food Town wage. I think there is another part to the story not yet reported.

It's also interesting that certain news outlets are saying this happened in "Southeast Houston" which is accurate, but whenever something goes down it's "Houston" and whenever it's a positive story it's "Clear Lake." It's like the 18 year old teenager/man thing.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 PM

And we have arrests:
Four suspects arrested in shooting death of Food Town employee | khou.com Houston

... "The motive may have been drug-related, according to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office." ...

You don't say.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 PM

270 posts, read 478,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
The other one last week was at the Food Town. That crappy store caters to the Lone Star Card and "Quick cash for gold" customer.

Anyway the guy (a NOLA transplant) who was killed last week was an employee of that store. I didn't know him but I've seen that completely crazy car he was supposedly killed over. It was an old Caprice with a custom paint job and all kinds of NOLA/Saints stuff on it, maybe $10,000 in rims & tires, and a competition-grade sound system. Like the news stories said, that thing really was a club on wheels. You could hear that thing for about a half mile radius (not exaggerating) and it actually sounded pretty good. All that + taking care of a kid on a Food Town wage. I think there is another part to the story not yet reported.

It's also interesting that certain news outlets are saying this happened in "Southeast Houston" which is accurate, but whenever something goes down it's "Houston" and whenever it's a positive story it's "Clear Lake." It's like the 18 year old teenager/man thing.
As even you say,he was an employee. If he were working, he can do what he wants to his car. He is paying for it. Though thats not my style in cars. It could have just as well been a pickup jacked up real high with mudflaps,brusg guard and a light rack. People do what they want with their money.

As for clear lake.....a little different than it was 10-15 years ago. I don't make it to that side of town ever,but in the past Clear Lake made me think of NASA, nice quite suburban area. Now.....I guess you can say I think the same thing,but the murders are a real surprise to me.

Perhaps those who live in the area have a better idea of what the area is really like.

Houston is still nice. But with an exploding population and growth,it is really seeing problems that come with being a big city. Namely,crime. In my time here it seems crime is making it's way out to the outskirts and suburbs of the city. To places that 10-15 years ago,one would say "that stuff doesn't happen around here."

I would suggest anyone who can....... get their CHL. I wouldn't call myself conservative,but I'm all for protecting myself and the things I work hard for. Right now there seems to be no part of the city unaffected from crime of any sort. I keep my eyes open no matter where I am around the area.

You can get got anywhere IMO.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
And we have arrests:
Four suspects arrested in shooting death of Food Town employee | khou.com Houston

... "The motive may have been drug-related, according to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office." ...

You don't say.
This is the usual reason for 'random' shootings and home invasions.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
This is the usual reason for 'random' shootings and home invasions.
Most crime is not random, usually the victim and the perpetrator know each other some kind of way. I would say even most home burglaries are not random, usually it's somebody who's been in your house(people doing work on your house, delivery people or neighborhood kids) and knows what you have.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCEagles01 View Post
As even you say,he was an employee. If he were working, he can do what he wants to his car. He is paying for it. Though thats not my style in cars. It could have just as well been a pickup jacked up real high with mudflaps,brusg guard and a light rack. People do what they want with their money.

As for clear lake.....a little different than it was 10-15 years ago. I don't make it to that side of town ever,but in the past Clear Lake made me think of NASA, nice quite suburban area. Now.....I guess you can say I think the same thing,but the murders are a real surprise to me.

Perhaps those who live in the area have a better idea of what the area is really like.
I've been working and/or living in the area for the past 9 years and it is still a nice area, family-friendly, and sometimes a little too sleepy. The area where this happened (Houston-Webster) has grown a little bit, since there isn't really any more room to grow. The apartments between Food Town and Wal-mart look clean & well-kept, but have always been cheap and have always harbored a little shady activity. Post-college, bad-economy, I used to manage menial jobs around here for a couple of years. Let me just say whenever "clerk" level employees rolled up in a $2,000 car with thousands in mods, everyone knew where the extra income was coming from.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 AM

102 posts, read 395,787 times
Default Food Town, but where else?

I've been living under a rock...or rather, chasing after my 10-month-old.

There have been 3 murders? Aside from Food Town, where & when were the others?

Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston