Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 05:40 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by feufoma View Post
It might help just a wee bit if we had more police presence in hot spots. My cameras are on and the Glock's clips are loaded.
They're too busy setting up speed traps and looking for expired stickers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 05:58 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,834,115 times
It has gotten bad all over. I suppose a symptom of the economy and partly our judicial system that just churns the bad apples back out on the street. There was a kick burglary in my neighborhood a few weeks ago. The neighbors called in and they caught the guys. They were on probation for a burglary last May.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:33 PM

538 posts, read 1,362,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
That is so sad. Husband has Alzheimer's and his loving wife took care of him. Now he's alone, thanks to a heartless thug. I hope they catch the creep.
I didn't know he had Alzheimer's. Such a sad story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You'd have to be the lowest piece of **** walking this earth to beat down the elderly.
Exactly. You know, you live that long you deserve to die of old age, not violently at the hands of some lowlife trash. If there was ever a need for karma, this is it.

It just makes me sick to my stomach. And it makes me worry about my two elderly parents.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
That's so sad. The SAME energy it takes for robbers to rob can be used to get them jobs.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
This is why I support the death penalty. This is also why I practice my constitutional right to pack heat.
Amen.

What kind of animal beats an elderly woman? Knocked the husband down, knock the woman unconscious, take whatever your low life ass wants then go. Beating her to death with bare hands? WHO does that? It's not like she could fight bad good without a weapon.

They WANTED to kill her and that's why we need to go Middle East on scum like this. Stones, slicing off limbs, hands, whatever. They don't deserve to be in max security, chilling with fellow inmates, reading books, watching TV and going out to recess and playing in the yard before bedtime while the death penalty takes 20 years for them to die. Kill them now.

If the evidence is solid to where decades from now, HPD isn't scratching their stupid heads saying they're crime lab made yet another boo-boo, we need to end these animals. Like that guy who killed that HPD officer a few years back shooting him in the head. Illegal or not, it was solid that THAT guy did it. He shouldn't still be breathing air.

Last edited by DejaBlue; 01-13-2012 at 07:25 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 07:26 PM

970 posts, read 1,873,355 times
This is so sad and pathetic.

Over the years, I have tried to look out for my elderly neighbors. Had one who ended up at my doorstep completely confused......took her home. I had just moved into the area, and on a lark, knew she had Alzheimers, and which house she lived in.

Look out for your neighbors, and those at risk..............whether old or young. For Heaven's Sake, get to KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS in the FIRST PLACE! And be vigilant........there are some not very nice people out there.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times
You forgot the pig doughnuts

Quote:

Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 PM

208 posts, read 270,141 times
That's sad. Active sidewalk or no sidewalk be aware that situations where you're preoccupied is the go-time signal for the perps.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:59 AM

659 posts, read 1,376,922 times
Quote:
No doubt. The rep at the alarm company went on about the need for an alarm permit (aka money grab). Now the police don't respond a second time if your permit isn't current? Your tax dollars down the drain... I got an idea: public servants need to serve. We're not paying their pensions for nothing. Right?

Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 AM

538 posts, read 1,362,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Amen.

What kind of animal beats an elderly woman? Knocked the husband down, knock the woman unconscious, take whatever your low life ass wants then go. Beating her to death with bare hands? WHO does that? It's not like she could fight bad good without a weapon.
This is what I can't wrap my brain around, which is probably a good thing considering I'm not sadistic.

Killing her and beating him, were both so senseless. What kind of a fight could either of them have possibly put up?

The only thing that makes this worse, is the fact that this scum will live once caught, for years and years and years, costing tax payers tons of money.

He needs to be let loose in a room with the relatives of the people he hurt/killed, while hog-tied, and let them beat the crap out of him first. Then he needs to be put to death by hanging, or the electric chair. The needle is too good for trash like this.

Let him get a taste of the fear he put those poor people through.

Last edited by HoustonBornNRaised; 01-14-2012 at 09:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston