Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 05:33 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times

Advertisements

I personally prefer Bridgeland over Cinco - but 290 is a killer. I don't even suggest it if they work downtown.

It's a big decision - take a exploratory run DURING rush hour to determine if it's really as quick as Cinco. Go Fry, not Hwy 6 (another killer during rush hour).

Twin Lakes, Lakes on Eldridge and the Energy Corridor itself were all mentioned and are good alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,701 times
I live in Longwood and commute to Texas Children's in the Med Center. It's a rough commute, but I'm hard-pressed to say there's any other area I'd choose to live in given what I value: good schools, low crime, mature trees, newer homes, outdoor activities, sports and green space. Sure, you can have that in some other places, (i.e Memorial) but at what price? If you work in the Galleria, 290, Energy Corridor Northwest or West side and value the above features, then I would definitely check out this area.

Highly recommend the Longwood/Coles Crossing Area as they have nice trees, nearby golf and outdoor activities, 'relatively' good access to the energy corridor/beltway and some of the best school feeders in Houston. If you have Elementary aged children, Hamilton Elementary consistently ranks among the Top 5 in Greater Houston and is one of the best in the State. My kids go there and they love it. There is a very well-funded PTA program and lots of parental involvement. Some of the most desirable school feeder patterns include neighborhoods zoned to Hamilton Elementary (Exemplary), Hamilton Middle (Exemplary) and Cy-Fair HS (Recommended) or Sampson Elementary (Exemplary), Goodson Middle (Exemplary) and Cy-Woods HS (Recommended).

There are plenty of beautiful, wooded neighborhoods to choose from in this area. Some of my favorites are Longwood, Coles Crossing, Lakewood Oaks Estates, Lakewood Glen, Rock Creek, Stable Gate, Stillwater Village, Hidden Forest, Secret Forest, Northlake Forest and Lakes of Rosehill. There are dozens more in the area I don't have time to name, but you can't go wrong in the any of the above. The thing that makes this area great is that it's roughly twice the size (pop.) as The Woodlands with similar demographics. Granted, it's not one complete master-planned community but it's buffered on all sides with other great communities (Cypress, Tomball, Klein, Champions). Great demographics w/$100K+ avg. HH incomes, yet not overly pretentious. The people here are friendly, laid back and heavily involved with the schools and other community activities.

Last edited by Mr. Football; 01-24-2012 at 10:21 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 AM

169 posts, read 428,841 times
those all sound like cookie cutters. some just more than others. at the 300-400 price range, why not buy a lot and build? saving on MUD and HOA could increase your budget also.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM

799 posts, read 2,441,902 times
I live in Longwood, and Im completely happy. I just flat out love it. That being said, Im moving to Friendswood this summer to be closer to my inlaws.

I tend to get a little nerved up with all the 290 hate. Yes, its terrible, but the OP has clearly stated her work is right off Eldridge. They could easily live in Longwood or any community in this area, AND NEVER TOUCH 290. I work close to the energy corridor, and take Eldridge the whole way. 15 minute commute in the middle of rush hour, 20 mins at worst.

I bet anything you can get more for your money here vs Cinco, etc.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I personally prefer Bridgeland over Cinco - but 290 is a killer. I don't even suggest it if they work downtown.

It's a big decision - take a exploratory run DURING rush hour to determine if it's really as quick as Cinco. Go Fry, not Hwy 6 (another killer during rush hour).

Twin Lakes, Lakes on Eldridge and the Energy Corridor itself were all mentioned and are good alternatives.
This^^^

DH worked at Eldridge/I10 as well. We fell in love with a new house in Coles Crossing and were ready to put a contract on it. But before we did he actually did the drive during both the morning and evening commute times. That was all it took to keep us looking in Katy. We were looking in both Cinco and areas like Green Trails. We ended up buying an existing home in Green Trails, which was an easier and closer commute, but even the drive to and from the southern part of Cinco was more quick and easier than the drive down from Coles Crossing.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
I bet anything you can get more for your money here vs Cinco, etc.
You definitely can.
We saw the same floor plans from Cinco, in Fairfield for like $50k cheaper.
But we did also notice that those same homes were built with cheaper details.
And Cinco is a nicer neighborhood than Fairfield imho. I used to live in Fairfield and still have family there.
So it's not always apples to apples. Depends what your priorities are.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,664 times
Bridgeland is pretentious! Cover your A/C and block the ventilation. Cover your electrical boxes. Cover your pool equipment. My God. Everyone's got them. Maintenance and repair companies need to get to them. Does Bridgeland cover their own stuff? Hell, no! They're the HOA. You'd better mulch, but does the HOA keep up with their mulching? Hell, no! Do they enforce overnight commercial truck parking? Hell, no! Bridgeland is a fake and a fraud and I'm moving back to Katy.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:40 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
how does Bridgeland measure up to Cross Creek?

Old 11-04-2019, 12:05 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texconsin View Post
Bridgeland is pretentious! Cover your A/C and block the ventilation. Cover your electrical boxes. Cover your pool equipment. My God. Everyone's got them. Maintenance and repair companies need to get to them. Does Bridgeland cover their own stuff? Hell, no! They're the HOA. You'd better mulch, but does the HOA keep up with their mulching? Hell, no! Do they enforce overnight commercial truck parking? Hell, no! Bridgeland is a fake and a fraud and I'm moving back to Katy.

Out of this South Cypress area, I think Towne Lake and Blackhorse Ranch are much more desirable if you can get into the nicer sections of each, but for some reason Bridgeland seems to be way more popular on here than any other Cypress neighborhoods south of 290. I suppose that's just my opinion though..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston