Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM

75 posts, read 196,862 times

Advertisements

After living here for 7 weeks I wish that that would have rented instead of buying a house so I could move back to AZ after lease was up....
Everything here is impossible to get done, traffice is horrible, people are rude,
Humidity is so bad it would gag a maggot. Its going to be an expensive mistake (10K) to go back but better cut my loss and move on.
Other than the cheap house's i cant see why anybody would ever move here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
People move here because of work, to make money - duh.

Sounds like the problem was that you were too uptight to begin with. I guess that's what dry, blistering heat does to an individual.

Traffic is horrible? Yeah, I'll give you that. But out of all of the cities I've driven I'd have to say the most rude and downright idiotic moves were made on the Phoenix freeways.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
You might consider visiting someplace before moving and buying...

Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 PM

832 posts, read 3,853,968 times
Agreed. Before I purchased in Kingwood, I flew out twice for extended visits.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:35 AM

35 posts, read 117,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
After living here for 7 weeks I wish that that would have rented instead of buying a house so I could move back to AZ after lease was up....
Everything here is impossible to get done, traffice is horrible, people are rude,
Humidity is so bad it would gag a maggot. Its going to be an expensive mistake (10K) to go back but better cut my loss and move on.
Maybe you should stick it out. You've only been there for 7 Weeks... Or is it that bad? I myself was thinking about moving to Houston... but your feedback is sorta negative. I've heard the opposite about the peoples attitude...

Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 AM

690 posts, read 2,630,274 times
I love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but to each his own.

Traffic can be horrible, yes, but it's like that in most big cities.
I think people here are very friendly.
The humidity takes some getting used to, but it'll be going away soon, for a while.

I'm sorry you're not enjoying Houston - but maybe 7 weeks isn't enough time to fairly judge the city. Try some new things, see different parts of the area, go out and meet new people. Give yourself more time to decide if you really want to sell your house and leave.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:55 AM

42 posts, read 181,889 times
Quote:
Yep, I agree, you'd better cut your loses and move on.

I've been in the Houston area (Katy-Richmond) for just about a year now and I absolutely love it. I don't see the traffic issues maybe because I'm retired now and can choose when I head out into the world.

Not sure what you mean by 'everything is impossible to get done' - I got everything done - and I'm old. LOL

Humidity IS high, but that was something I knew before I moved here. I retired here after living in Wyoming for 32 years where the humidity is relatively low. I thought everyone knew the humidity was high in Texas. You adjust.

And, last but not least - people are rude. Sorry, I haven't encountered that either. So far all I've encountered is southern hospitality and very gracious people.

Yep, might be time to cut your loses and head back to Arizona. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,855 times
You may have made a poor decision on where to live in the Houston area. We love it here and honestly, the humidity is as bad as I had imagined. The traffic where we live is not bad either. (NE suburbs) Sorry it isn't working out for you. ~K~

Old 09-14-2007, 09:17 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,121,977 times
we're in the berrr months now maybe theres hope. lets just hope the change in season changes the people too cheap people come with cheap homes. 200K i believe is the minimum now
at 7 weeks I havent figured out the side streets yet. give it some time
I already know a few folks who went back, they had their new house rented instead. took them about 6months in Cypress

Old 09-14-2007, 09:36 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,319 times
Quote:

That's how I felt the first few weeks I lived here. Guess what, I still feel that way. Living in Katy has made it tolerable though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston