Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times

Advertisements

Looks like money couldn't buy his way out of this one.

Millionaire polo mogul from Houston gets 16 years in prison in fatal Florida crash | khou.com Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default True, sort of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
He earned what he received. Yet I think money did buy his way to a lighter sentence. I mean, I think it is a light sentence, actually. Do you think he would have received the same if he was black, or brown? I doubt it.

Also, 15 years is the maximum in Florida if he stayed around, but he left the scene, and the maximum is 30 years for that. He said he did not see the car. WTF? You plow into a car, push it into the ditch, and then you tell people you left because you did not see any vehicles around? He got off light.

Interestingly, my wife almost went to work for his company a few years ago. He has offices ner the Houstonian. I wonder what will happen now to his company. He ruined a lot of lives.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
He earned what he received. Yet I think money did buy his way to a lighter sentence. I mean, I think it is a light sentence, actually. Do you think he would have received the same if he was black, or brown? I doubt it.

Also, 15 years is the maximum in Florida if he stayed around, but he left the scene, and the maximum is 30 years for that. He said he did not see the car. WTF? You plow into a car, push it into the ditch, and then you tell people you left because you did not see any vehicles around? He got off light.

Interestingly, my wife almost went to work for his company a few years ago. He has offices ner the Houstonian. I wonder what will happen now to his company. He ruined a lot of lives.
I agree with you. I was just worried he would somehow maneuver his way out of any justice at all.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Surprise!!!
Rich people can buy their way out of jail
Quote:
$7 million bond set, 16-year sentence for polo mogul Goodman in fatal DUI crash in Wellington

Polo club founder John Goodman will be released on a $7 million appellate bond as he fights his 16-year prison sentence for DUI manslaughter with failure to render aid in the death of Scott Wilson.
Same state, not a rich person
Quote:
Florida woman sentenced to 20 years in controversial warning shot case

Saying he had no discretion under state law, a judge sentenced a Jacksonville, Florida, woman to 20 years in prison Friday for firing a warning shot in an effort to scare off her abusive husband.
Marissa Alexander unsuccessfully tried to use Florida's controversial "stand your ground" law to derail the prosecution, but a jury in March convicted her of aggravated assault after just 12 minutes of deliberation.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 AM

614 posts, read 1,237,886 times
This is the same guy who adopted his girlfriend to try to hide his money? Scum

Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
This is the same guy who adopted his girlfriend to try to hide his money? Scum
Wealthy Texans are notoriously good at protecting their assets and having no shame about what means it takes.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:47 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default It takes two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wealthy Texans are notoriously good at protecting their assets and having no shame about what means it takes.
Let's not forget about his girlfriend, or incestrial daughter now, and her lack of scruples. No dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: