Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM

925 posts, read 4,707,294 times

Advertisements

For the past couple of weeks my neighborhood has seen a lot of stealing usually lawn movers, edgers. All of this is done by 4 teenagers. My neighbor called the police several times and filed a complain. They do stupid stuff like pulling the phone box out of the wall so that the alarm will not go off. Steel lawn mowers by entering backyard of people.

They even completely destroyed the equipment in the kids playground. They melted yes MELTED the kids tunnel. I am 100% they are doing drugs etc.

Our neighborhood is on high alert these days.

Any idea or suggestions on dealing with this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
When I lived up in The Woodlands, teens did stuff like that all the time, along with some tire slashing,knocking over the big concrete neighborhood signs, and cutting down trees so they fell across the roads. I guess they got bored.

One year, in my current neighborhood, some kids held some decorative rocks (the hollow kind that go over big sprinkler valves) hostage for a ransom....Took pictures of the rocks with blind folds on them and attached them to ransom notes, which they plastered throughout the neighborhood. They returned them a few days later. Humorously Annoying, but not really destructive.

I don't know where you live, but hopefully the constables/patrol are keeping an eye out.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 AM

You are absolutely right! Since, these kids do not go to school they are extremely bored. We have told the constable and I guess if anyone caught them red handed they will be handed to the authorities.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
So, you know who the 4 are and are "sure" they're doing drugs and the cops won't haul them in? WTH? Your neighbor filed a complain? What happened with that?

If it's rampant and everyone knows who 4 are, how about you form a vigilante group and beat the $hit out of them? Okay, that won't work, but this just sounds fishy. Everyone knows who's doing it and nothing is there deter them.

Ronnie

Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 AM

@HoustonRonnie,

If it was my home country I would have easily beat the crap out of those kids! But laws in America are very weak and they protect minors. So, if I even touch them then I go to JAIL. These weak laws are turning kids into criminals because they know nothing is going to happen to them.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:09 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,931 times
You need to get everyone in your neighborhood to flood the police with complaint calls. Assuming it is all teens, they are not very sophisticated criminals for the most part, and fairly easy to catch with minimal effort.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM

LostInHouston is right and that is what we did. When the police was out in our street we all went to him 12-15 people and told the police about those kids.

But now the question is that EVEN if they do get caught what will happen to them. What is the worst that can happen to them since they are all minors?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marykate1 View Post
But now the question is that EVEN if they do get caught what will happen to them. What is the worst that can happen to them since they are all minors?
Depends on what they are caught with and/or what they are caught doing... also their age (16/17 versus 12/13) and their prior records.

First time petty theft and minor vandalism probably won't amount to much... but at least it gets the ball rolling. Hopefully one day our laws hold the parents of these kids accountable.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 AM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
If you know who they are ... just talk to them.
Talk to them respectfully (as difficult as that might be) and tell them that everybody knows what they are up, people are installing cameras and if they keep on doing that in a few days they'll get caught or shot.

Just that simple.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 AM

Dopo,

I do not think anyone would like to talk to them. Their parents know what they are up to since I saw one mom taking of those kids (16-17) years old and as that kid was passing our street he gave us middle finger using both his hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston