Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:22 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,770,460 times

Advertisements

I have to say that as much as I like downtown Houston and the weirdness of it, the Woodlands is rocking! I mean this is a really really beautiful place to live. I know I know you guys hate the burbs... blah, bah, blah. But this town really is one of the most beautiful suburbs I have ever seen. And there are crains everywhere downtown Woodlands. They are building everywhere. I read somewhere that 30% of all new
"commercial" construction in the entire Houston area is in the Woodlands. Think about that for a minute. The entire Houston metro area, 1/3rd of that is in the Woodlands. The golf courses up here are world class. The water, the 60 to 70 miles of trails that wind through every subdivision. The gorgeous downtown with the waterway. I mean you drive through this place and all you see are trees as you are essentially in the middle of a pine forest. The traffic is no where near as bad as downtown Houston. There is very little crime. And I'm still amazed at how much you can get for your money here and this is considered to be the most expensive suburb in Houston. I'm just sayin...

Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,852,499 times
The Woodlands is alright. The people living there may think they are living in some special oasis but really it's just a suburb just like Sugar Land and the other suburbs around Houston.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,369,924 times
[quote=jek74;25895167]I have to say that as much as I like downtown Houston and the weirdness of it, the Woodlands is rocking! I mean this is a really really beautiful place to live. I know I know you guys hate the burbs... blah, bah, blah. But this town really is one of the most beautiful suburbs I have ever seen. And there are crains everywhere downtown Woodlands. They are building everywhere. I read somewhere that 30% of all new
"commercial" construction in the entire Houston area is in the Woodlands. Think about that for a minute. The entire Houston metro area, 1/3rd of that is in the Woodlands. The golf courses up here are world class. The water, the 60 to 70 miles of trails that wind through every subdivision. The gorgeous downtown with the waterway. I mean you drive through this place and all you see are trees as you are essentially in the middle of a pine forest. The traffic is no where near as bad as downtown Houston. There is very little crime. And I'm still amazed at how much you can get for your money here and this is considered to be the most expensive suburb in Houston. I'm just sayin...[/QUO
Agreed!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,149,690 times
Woodlands may have the most chance of any Houston sub at delevoping a decent mid size downtown, but it would need 20 maybe even 30 years of growth for that

Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM

489 posts, read 621,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
The Woodlands is alright. The people living there may think they are living in some special oasis but really it's just a suburb just like Sugar Land and the other suburbs around Houston.
I've seen the other suburbs in Houston. Not to denigrate them, but, the Woodlands stands apart from them. It just does.There is a reason for all the growth there. It's very attractive to a whole lot of us, apparently.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,852,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
I've seen the other suburbs in Houston. Not to denigrate them, but, the Woodlands stands apart from them. It just does.There is a reason for all the growth there. It's very attractive to a whole lot of us, apparently.
All the suburbs are growing rapidly. The people who live in Sugar Land probably feel the same way about their suburb as you do about The Woodlands. They just aren't being as obnoxious about it.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 PM

568 posts, read 1,128,759 times
Quote:
All the suburbs are growing rapidly. The people who live in Sugar Land probably feel the same way about their suburb as you do about The Woodlands. They just aren't being as obnoxious about it.
Stay Mad!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 PM

489 posts, read 621,265 times
Quote:
Well, you have a right to your opinion, but I won't stoop to call you obnoxious. My point was that the recent growth in TW does put a spotlight on the fact that it is a highly desirable area. It stands out to many of us who come to survey your area.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,049,360 times
The woodlands is really no different then every master planned suburbs - even the ones in CA.

to call the waterway and "downtown" area rocking is severely pushing the limits of understanding. it is a great area for people who want to not live in a large city, have affordable living, and enjoy the comforts of routine. makes me sad. don't praise some 26,000 sqft of chain retail.

other parts of Houston and different spots in the country are growing at a healthy clip as well

Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM

568 posts, read 1,128,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
The woodlands is really no different then every master planned suburbs - even the ones in CA.

to call the waterway and "downtown" area rocking is severely pushing the limits of understanding. it is a great area for people who want to not live in a large city, have affordable living, and enjoy the comforts of routine. makes me sad. don't praise some 26,000 sqft of chain retail.

other parts of Houston and different spots in the country are growing at a healthy clip as well
Not really sure your point. While its considered a Houston "surburb", it is 30 miles outside of the core of Houston. Of course it will have its own vibe, retail, and other amenities that those residents can enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston