Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM

22 posts, read 137,633 times

Advertisements

Which section(s) of Riverstone will be located in Sugar Land proper? When will those sections be developed, and is there any news on pricing and school zoning? Telfair seems extremely expensive for what it is (current schools and some issues with crime.)

First Colony seems great but am wondering how much more expensive the houses will be in terms of increased maintenance and utilities. Will First Colony hold its value and remain attractive after both Telfair and Riverstone are built out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereAndBackAgain View Post
Which section(s) of Riverstone will be located in Sugar Land proper? When will those sections be developed, and is there any news on pricing and school zoning? Telfair seems extremely expensive for what it is (current schools and some issues with crime.)

First Colony seems great but am wondering how much more expensive the houses will be in terms of increased maintenance and utilities. Will First Colony hold its value and remain attractive after both Telfair and Riverstone are built out?
We got a map from the Riverstone info center and it shows which areas and sections are Sugar Land and which are Missouri City. As for First Colony, we have a friend who moved into a house there about a year and a half ago, and she is having tons of issues with it (foundation, roof, etc). I do not want to have to deal with that. As for Clements, I am not sure I want that kind of academic environment for my kids. And I don't say that lightly. My husband has a PhD and I have a master's degree, and we take education very, very seriously. But there has to be a balance. Life isn't all about a perfect GPA. Just my take on it!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,835 times
Here we go mate

http://www.riverstone.com/uploads/im...ap_Nov2012.pdf

Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
If you can get over not being in Sugar Land proper, Sienna is nice too. All the schools are in the community, and if you can't socially stand Missouri City in your address, the SPO is actually Sienna Plantation, Texas 77459

Old 11-28-2012, 03:05 PM

98 posts, read 205,193 times
Riverstone. My mom lives in front of that area and I drive through there constantly looking at the gigantic homes and the sky high prices.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM

139 posts, read 356,145 times
When we were building we looked at both Riverstone and Telfair.

The houses of the similar builders are priced the same when equal. What we learned is even with in the same models there are several levels (1-4). These levels basically are around how "optioned" the homes are standard and what upgrades are available.
For example when we were looking David Weekly and Trendmaker in Riverstone was a bit less than Telfair, but in Telfair those homes had standard 8 foot doors on the the first floor and in Riverstone it was the typical 6'8", so basically if you optioned out a home by the same builders in Riverstone as Telfair, the prices would be the same. Both DW and TM told us they offered a higher price point standard model of the same homes in Telfair than Riverstone.

Why we picked Telfair:

1) Distance to Sugar Land Towncenter, AMC, the hospitals are 2.5-3.5 miles from Telfair. From the closest neighborhood in Riverstone to same places are ~5-6 miles. I looked on Google Maps and it still appears to be the case.

2) The hospitals, 59, 90, 6, and 99 are easier faster to get to from Telfair (this was my #1 selling point).

3) The prices ranges of homes in Telfair started at a higher price point and there were less low end homes. $300-$1.3M Riverstone had a very large price range when we were looking. It was something like $200-$3M. When sales were slow, our real estate agent said there were a lot of 50 foot lots created in Riverstone to move inventory. I remember in 2010 our real estate agent pulled an excel file that showed median sales prices in Telfair was ~$470 ish vs. Riverstone was ~$360ish. A lot more lower price point homes were being sold.

4) The fact that there was a elementary in Telfair and a top middle school (Sartartia in New Territory) that was another biggie. WE did have concern about the HS after the Developer and FBISD lied about there being a HS that would be built in Telfair, but if that does not happen, we have options.

Hope this helps.

One thing I like about riverstone, that Telfair won't have...proximity to the Sweetwater CC

Old 06-18-2015, 11:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,041 times
Riverstone is a brand new community and will have a new Elementary school opening from August 2016. Right now they are using Commonwealth and the overflow goes to Colony Meadows, Colony Bend and Settlers Way and some to Austin Parkway. I think the schools also depend on communities and as right now they are all in Commonwealth then the school will be of similar level. As for Telfair that is an established community and the schools have a good reputation. i am a substitute teacher and find that they are all good because of the smart demographics. Well behaved good hard working kids. You don't lose either way.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:20 AM

61 posts, read 81,020 times
Telfair for sure.

Riverstone is nice, but your kids will have the pleasure of going to Elkins, which all the schools south of Clements in FBISD when speaking of high schools aren't that great, unless of course it's Ridge Point.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:42 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDqTX View Post
Telfair for sure.

Riverstone is nice, but your kids will have the pleasure of going to Elkins, which all the schools south of Clements in FBISD when speaking of high schools aren't that great, unless of course it's Ridge Point.
Here we go again....

Old 06-19-2015, 08:25 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Here we go again....
I mostly facepalm the fact that a new CD poster revived a 3 year old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston