Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,242,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly in sweet land View Post
Texas Instruments R& D division and Costco both are here to stay I think. So may be at least flat, but most probably appreciation seems to be a probability. Definitely, these coming 4-5 months many buyers will come looking for houses. May be after that, prices may go down.
When is Texas Instruments R&D scheduled to open? Unless Costo is opening it's corporate office there, I don't really think that'll affect property values all that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Shale=Katy. Look what's happened to Greentrials, and Thornwood in 77079 in the past 5 years 100% appreciation in some cases
Cinco Ranch is still very affordable - that doesn't seem to have gone up all that much.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,503,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Cinco Ranch is still very affordable - that doesn't seem to have gone up all that much.
Cinco is almost another 30 minutes at rush hour. Greentrails is much closer than Sugarland at rush hour. Also, 59 has no toll options...and the westpark is no option these days, as its pay to park after Fondren.

Sugarland to the Ec is increasingly hellish each month...not to mention Downtown.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Cinco is almost another 30 minutes at rush hour. Greentrails is much closer than Sugarland at rush hour. Also, 59 has no toll options...and the westpark is no option these days, as its pay to park after Fondren.

Sugarland to the Ec is increasingly hellish each month...not to mention Downtown.
They converted the HOV into a HOT lane, however it is only open at rush hour. Also there is the Fort Bend toll road, but that is still pretty far out from being very useful as it is primarily helpful for Med Center commuters. However, the commute on I-10 would be preferable over 59 and SW Houston in general.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:

I work in the EC - I can deal with a 30 minute commute from either place. I agree that a downtown commute from either place would suck.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
I doesn't suck, as nobody's forcing me to buy anything right now. I want to make the most informed and educated decision to buy at the right location and at the right time.
Wasn't trying to be insulting or anything, I understand where you are coming from. Being a buyer in Houston right now is tough was my point. My 2 cents as someone who has spent 21 years in Houston.

I think Sugar Land is the better overall option as it being its own city is pretty big in the Houston metro. I think it is aesthetically better than the Katy lands because of this. However, I think the big con about Sugar Land is that some of its surroundings are pretty questionable compared to the Katy lands. West Houston is overall pretty affluent, stretching from downtown all the way out to Katy along I-10. Lastly, Sugar Land itself is just about run out of land compared to Katy, which can certainly be advantageous over time.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Wasn't trying to be insulting or anything, I understand where you are coming from. Being a buyer in Houston right now is tough was my point. My 2 cents as someone who has spent 21 years in Houston.

I think Sugar Land is the better overall option as it being its own city is pretty big in the Houston metro. I think it is aesthetically better than the Katy lands because of this. However, I think the big con about Sugar Land is that some of its surroundings are pretty questionable compared to the Katy lands. West Houston is overall pretty affluent, stretching from downtown all the way out to Katy along I-10. Lastly, Sugar Land itself is just about run out of land compared to Katy, which can certainly be advantageous over time.
Agree upon some points...the void between western Bellaire proper and Sugarland has always been off-putting, along with archaic 59. Katy doesn't suffer the same void/reputation along the 10 corridor. Ps- there is more than enough room to grow SW. Honestly, when people go that far they are more concerned with price than what town they are in.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I work in the EC - I can deal with a 30 minute commute from either place. I agree that a downtown commute from either place would suck.
Um, eastern Katy is a lot closer than Sugarland. Maybe less than 15 minutes, which is why its appreciated so much. But you want Sugarland and the drive, so go for it...

One of my employees just moved from First Colony to Barkers Landing. Far more production, and less stress out of them now. 15 mile criterium is considered by many small employee companies

Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Um, eastern Katy is a lot closer than Sugarland. Maybe less than 15 minutes.
By eastern Katy, do you mean Cinco east of 99 or something else? I'm really not all that familiar with this area.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Agree upon some points...the void between western Bellaire proper and Sugarland has always been off-putting, along with archaic 59. Katy doesn't suffer the same void/reputation along the 10 corridor. Ps- there is more than enough room to grow SW. Honestly, when people go that far they are more concerned with price than what town they are in.
Is the crime noticeably worse in Sugar Land than in Cinco because of this? I hadn't really considered that. Again, I'm not all that familiar with either area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston