Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydogs1 View Post
You may want to look into the City of Katy. Their are several communities that may work for you. You would not have to worry about a possible City of Houston annexation. Being in the Katy city limits you would be less than 5 minutes from I-10.
Woodcreek Reserve WoodCreek Reserve
The Falls at Green Meadows Green Meadows development progresses, aims to complete first section in April - Community Impact Newspaper
Their are also some smaller communities to look into. I have lived in the City of Katy for years and love it. Good luck in your decision.
My next and last home will be in the City of Katy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM

102 posts, read 237,612 times
If by Katy you mean Cinco Ranch, then yes property values have been very consistent. Other neighborhoods that are at first nice drop more in value. We live in Katy and are looking to upgrade but go back-and-forth constantly as to whether we want to buy in "old" Cinco (early 90's, lol) or build new...as you pay nearly the same per sq. ft. and the older ones need complete remodel. On the other hand lots are generally bigger and trees are more mature. It is all very well maintained.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,696 times
Neither are really good investments.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,771,203 times
Considering home values have consistently gone up in value in both of these suburbs this makes a lot of sense. Sure, parts of each may not be appreciating but still in general they have been going up. Will it continue? I think so.
I realize the hot areas are in the loop and places like Garden Oaks\Oak Forest as well as parts of spring branch but Sugar Land and Katy have held up well. You have to understand people want to live in these types of communities. Regardless of traffic and commutes people will choose these places as home. That is why they keep growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Neither are really good investments.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersj31 View Post
Considering home values have consistently gone up in value in both of these suburbs this makes a lot of sense. Sure, parts of each may not be appreciating but still in general they have been going up. Will it continue? I think so.
I realize the hot areas are in the loop and places like Garden Oaks\Oak Forest as well as parts of spring branch but Sugar Land and Katy have held up well. You have to understand people want to live in these types of communities. Regardless of traffic and commutes people will choose these places as home. That is why they keep growing.
Don't confuse inflation with appreciation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston