Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,287,705 times

Advertisements

I have spoken to people who run the airport in the past when they had WWII air shows and they've all said the airport was doing well and progressing on schedule. If I can find the article, I will post it, but the article detailed a plan. So far I think the plan has been on schedule, and I do recall that the plan called for 737 cargo service, then after ten years, passenger service to somewhere. Not fast, not many routes, but you have to start somewhere.

Houston Executive Airport plans to open expanded facilities in March - Houston Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 06:42 PM

67 posts, read 153,652 times
Default Thanks, everyone

Thanks for all your replies, I at least won't worry about Katy Hawk. The airport in Brookshire is at least a little farther out.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,990,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localtraveler View Post
Thanks for all your replies, I at least won't worry about Katy Hawk. The airport in Brookshire is at least a little farther out.
For now.

The development out west has just been crazy. At least there is the national parks to stop it on the north end.
There is still lots of undeveloped land in Brazoria and Galveston counties and going east is crazy empty. barely anyone lives in chambers county. I was hoping the port boom wood change that.

Also, the metro needs to expand on nature packages in Anahuac. A niche industry could be developed there.
Armand Bayou area needs to be expanded too.

Anyway, the metro is still headin in a north westerly direction. Maybe a west airport could serve College Station too

Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 PM

682 posts, read 1,943,811 times
College Station has an airport with regular commercial flights.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,990,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonamd View Post
College Station has an airport with regular commercial flights.
Who cares, they could also be served by an airport in West Houston even though they have 50 airports.

Austin and SA folks cone to Houston all the time for flights

Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 PM

682 posts, read 1,943,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Who cares, they could also be served by an airport in West Houston even though they have 50 airports.

Austin and SA folks cone to Houston all the time for flights
Well excuse me. You'd be surprised how many people don't have a clue there is an airport in College Station with commercial flights. Sorry for saying anything.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:36 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,773,292 times
There is also Lone Star Executive Airport. This one is going through a major expansion to service business travelers from the Woodlands. I doubt it will ever be a "commercial" airport but it's looking to aggressively go after the charter community and private business travel.

Lone Star Executive Airport

Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,669 times
Default Katy Airports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
No worries, Katy Hawk no longer exists. It was an airstrip built in the 80s if I recall correctly. It was never really used, and was bulldozed to make Katy Mills Mall.

There is the Houston Executive Airport near the Igloo plant off I-10 on Cardiff road, but it is further west between Brookshire and Katy and it is a viable airport with a long enough runway to support 737 jet aircraft. This one will most likely become a passenger airport in the future.
What about the Cardiff Brothers Airport in Katy. Does it still exist?

Thank you!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 AM

18,137 posts, read 25,324,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
There is no way Houston will add a third airport.
Grand Parkway is going to run right next to "Hooks Airport" between Tomball and The Woodlands.
I bet in a few years people are gonna start talking about making it Houston 3rd airport.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:51 AM

27 posts, read 90,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaChristian View Post
What about the Cardiff Brothers Airport in Katy. Does it still exist?

Thank you!
We stay there. Haven't seen any planes around me .

Seriously, to answer your question, no. That area has been built over by the Churchill Farms community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston