Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:12 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlibrarian View Post
If you liked the Arrow, check out 89.7 KACC, the Alvin Community College station. They play classic rock, and more than just the same songs over and over, B-sides, and local rock. Their signal is weak, but they stream on their website

and you can pick them up on the tuneinradio app.

At least Dean and Rog live on at the Eagle, at least for now.
I was looking for this station on my car radio around lunch time today, when I tuned into KPFT @ 90.1 and heard the DJ talking about the Arrow switch. He said he interviewed with them once, and told them they should play deeper cuts instead of playing the same 40 songs over and over, and was told to get the hell out of here, and go to "public" radio, which of course the guy did. He then laughed and said now I'm playing deeper cuts and they are history. lol The three cuts he played while I was listening were Frank Zappa Dirty Love, Doobie Brothers Eyes of Silver and Hendrix EZ Ryder, all deep cuts for sure, it was fun while it lasted.

P.S. I couldn't get the full signal from KACC here in beautiful Northwest Houston, but I did get enough of one to know they were playing Baba O'Riley from the Who, a great cut for sure, but not especially deep. I'm sure they are going to play that one a couple of times on the Eagle today , maybe more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Got unlimited data plan.... bye, bye local radio
I used to listen to News 92.1FM and got sick and tired of their r-pe and murder news stories.

Last one I heard yesterday, was a report of a 13 year old kid that hung himself.... I don't know who wants to listen to that.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:29 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Is it 97.5? I was always amazed that Killeen had a hip hop/r&b station but Waco didn't. I guess Waco was glad to get K104 though.
No, 104.9 the beat. It's a new station Waco got about 3 or 4 years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
102.1's format needs a real overhaul but with no competition they can keep spewing that generic r&b
What generic music majic be playing??? All I be hearing is nothing but good soul music, especially at night.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,218,368 times
Maze made more than 2 songs....Prince made more than 3 songs...see where I'm going?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Maze made more than 2 songs....Prince made more than 3 songs...see where I'm going?
I don't though I missed something.

Truth be told I honestly couldn't tell you or detect a Prince song other than Purple Rain, Right Back Here in My Arms and Diamonds and Pearls LOL! Truth. I'd lose real quick on a Prince name that tune. Songs with spelling have lasting effects.

Crazy as hell that he was but I know Michael Jackson left right and sideways lyrics and choreography. Truth.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:16 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Now 97.9 has been blasting out classic Houston tracks nonstop since the new station came.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:52 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I don't though I missed something.

Truth be told I honestly couldn't tell you or detect a Prince song other than Purple Rain, Right Back Here in My Arms and Diamonds and Pearls LOL! Truth. I'd lose real quick on a Prince name that tune. Songs with spelling have lasting effects.

Crazy as hell that he was but I know Michael Jackson left right and sideways lyrics and choreography. Truth.

Aw c'mon... you wouldn't know I Would Die For You, 1999, When Doves Cry??

As for MJ...I agree. You know his voice in a nanosecond. I have a joke that doctors should test for brain death by playing Wanna Be Startin' Something or Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough... if those songs don't make you get up and MOVE you are dead!!

I did have The Eagle on a bit yesterday morning and of course they were discussing the death of The Arrow...I could swear they are now playing a wider variety of classic rock just in one day. My other joke is their playlist consisted of 2 Led Zeppelin songs and 1 The Who....

Old 01-04-2014, 09:09 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Yeah, they do have a tendency to play the same songs. That's why I said at night it's even better lol

more variety.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:32 AM

568 posts, read 901,601 times
I loved the arrow when I was younger but then I got tired of hearing the same songs. It was like they had a short list of songs on a loop.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Now 97.9 has been blasting out classic Houston tracks nonstop since the new station came.
Nothing 97.9 has played in the played in the last 3 to 4 yrs is not classic swag bubble gum radio radio is straight garbage and that is all they play
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston