Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:41 AM

5,615 posts, read 4,943,769 times

Advertisements

Are people who are considering CCR or CRNW seriously that concerned that their children could be in school with ones from subdivisions where you can buy houses under $300K? Seriously? What harm do they think could come to their children from this?

EDIT: I just looked on HAR, I'm not pulling up anything below $450,000 in that whole area. I struggle to understand what could be the problem with sharing schools with the slightly lesser-priced subdivisions, or just being located nearby.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:43 AM

5 posts, read 14,299 times
Fulshear PD does not take care of CRNW at this time, it is Fort Bend County.
I never said CRNW was in Fulshear.

CHF was never meant to be a 'master planned community' like those around it. Some research would have been good in this case. Also the houses are spread out over almost 200 acres instead of like the others being massive tract after tract of land.
I did not say that CHF failed to be a master planned community, I said that it was not a master planned community.

Cardiff/Silver Creek had lots of potential but like CHF they are smaller based developments.
No disagreement.

I guess you fail to see that CCR will have lots of commercial property on 1093.
Anyone who drives down 1093 sees the commercial property signs and can predict this.

You need to check out HAR as there are $500k properties in all those communities listed.
Please send a link to a home on HAR in CHF listed above 500K. On the Church Hill Farms site it says:

With prices from the low $300,000’s to the mid $400,000’s, these are truly some of the most prestigious Houston, TX homes that Taylor Morrison and Beazer Homes have to offer.
--Check your facts!

No need to offend you, because you obviously live there. The forum question asked for our opinions.

According to some nothing will ever be good enough like CCR and Cinco.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:01 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,287 times
You didn't offend me, I just find some postings odd. Lots of talk with little research as in your case.

Sorry I didn't know what a 'mater planned community' was.

links you asked for..

$628K 3803 Sims Pointe Court, Fulshear, TX 77441 - HAR.com

$590K 27806 Harris Glen Court, Fulshear, TX 77441 - HAR.com

$565K 3807 Sims Pointe Court, Fulshear, TX 77441 - HAR.com

$545K 3518 Grayson Gardens Court, Fulshear, TX 77441 - HAR.com

Not as many over $500k as other communities but still they are there.

a few in cardiff as well.

http://search.har.com/engine/26902-W...AR50601992.htm

http://search.har.com/engine/26915-W...AR57429373.htm

http://search.har.com/engine/27219-S...AR24694342.htm

Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 PM

5 posts, read 14,299 times
Glad you know what a master planned community is, In case you are interested here is the top 20 in the US for 2013.

Huge Year For Top 20 Master-Planned Communities | John Burns Real Estate Consulting

Nobody beats the Villages in Florida, but glad to see many Katy/Fulshear areas making the list. Obviously Cinco will not be in this list in the near future.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:45 PM

705 posts, read 1,260,344 times
If you don't want to live near homes in the 200s (as someone stated to me thru PM) then you are in the wrong part of town, PERIOD. Yes your children might be going to a brand new elem school with other children that live only in your neighborhood (which have homes in the 200s also BTW) but you do realize one day they will be going to junior high and high school with these surrounding neighborhoods? CCR will not get their own everything!

Old 04-14-2014, 01:33 PM

41 posts, read 125,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5683 View Post
I would agree in that silver ranch, cardiff ranch and church hill farms, etc... are not master planned communities and the amenities do not compare to CCR and CRNW. We personally just made the decision to build in CCR and brake ground next month. I drove my wife crazy looking at all of the neighborhoods over and over and here is my analysis on each.

Cinco Ranch Northwest - Great community with excellent amenities. Westhimer Lakes however is across the street on Fry and it is not on the same caliber. Overall I decided against CRNW because I wanted something a little bit smaller in community size and liked the idea of living in Fulshear. Fulshear police have an excellent reputation and this was important to me with all of the bank robberies in Cinco Ranch/99.

Church Hill Farms - Decent entrance, but not a mater planned community with a small pool. The homes tend to be all in the same area as it is not sectioned off. Part of the neighborhood backs up to 1463 and it looks like cheap commercial property will follow. All of the neighborhood exterior fences are wooden and not made of stone or appealing material.

Cardiff Ranch/Silver Creek Ranch - Nothing spectacular about this neighborhood to me at all. The community lacks any type of vision for community landscaping.

CCR - Decide on CCR because it is a master planned community without a large amount of homes (like Cinco) in Fulshear. The wild landscaping, dog park, gym, community center and walk paths by each lake is what sold me. The neighborhood has sections and excellent branding throughout the neighborhood (just like Cinco).

I disagree that Church Hill Farms, cardiff ranch, etc... have 500K homes. Homes in these neighborhoods will not appreciate as Cinco and CCR will.
Cross Creek Ranch is closer to WLN than Cinco NW. Cinco NW is located at Cinco Trace and Corbitt Rd.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:34 PM

41 posts, read 186,925 times
We lived in Cinco Ranch for a year and loved the amenities, but we personally liked the feel of Cross Creek Ranch more so we built here and we have loved it. It feels more like a community here than Cinco did, but you are separated in CRNW so you may have that feeling there too. You will definitely have a trek if you want to hit the pools in older Cinco (the beach club would be worth the drive). We love the natural look out here... there are wild flowers blooming everywhere in the common areas which is beautiful on our drives, bike rides and walks through the neighborhood. Our neighbors are wonderful, the community room/gym is a well kept and convenient amenity, and the events that are held here throughout the year are always fun for the family. The one thing you should be aware of, however, is that they are planning to build a 24 hour supercenter walmart within half a mile of the neighborhood. Traffic on 1093 is already bad during rush hour so this development will add to the congestion, especially if they add the 600 apartments they were proposing. We were very discouraged to hear about this development - and had we known it was coming we would have looked into different neighborhoods so this is just a courtesy heads up. Best of luck!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiden22 View Post
We lived in Cinco Ranch for a year and loved the amenities, but we personally liked the feel of Cross Creek Ranch more so we built here and we have loved it. It feels more like a community here than Cinco did, but you are separated in CRNW so you may have that feeling there too. You will definitely have a trek if you want to hit the pools in older Cinco (the beach club would be worth the drive). We love the natural look out here... there are wild flowers blooming everywhere in the common areas which is beautiful on our drives, bike rides and walks through the neighborhood. Our neighbors are wonderful, the community room/gym is a well kept and convenient amenity, and the events that are held here throughout the year are always fun for the family. The one thing you should be aware of, however, is that they are planning to build a 24 hour supercenter walmart within half a mile of the neighborhood. Traffic on 1093 is already bad during rush hour so this development will add to the congestion, especially if they add the 600 apartments they were proposing. We were very discouraged to hear about this development - and had we known it was coming we would have looked into different neighborhoods so this is just a courtesy heads up. Best of luck!
The plans for the apartments have been nixed, which is great news. But Cross Creek Ranch has 40 acres designated as "multi-family" homes inside its boundaries right next to the new high school that KatyISD will be building adjacent to Churchill Farms.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:49 AM

5,615 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Thinking you will avoid being near apartments in a fast-growing suburban area of Houston is a bizarro fantasy completely disconnected from reality. If you're that scared of being near apartments, you need to move much, much further out than CCR. More like Wallis or Sealy - though who knows, suburban development may get to those places before too long, the way the Westside is going.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:43 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
closed for moderation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston