Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:08 AM

30 posts, read 51,989 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone - We are planning to buy a house in Cooper lakes - We recently moved to Houston and my work is Beltway- Clay rd. So we wanted to live somewhere with in 10 mile circle to work and found this community. House is only 2 years old (2012) - Do you think its a good idea to invest and raise your kids in that area?

I heard this area Braker-Cypress road and West now being considered to remapped in to a new school district is that already done? What about other details like Crime and commute - I checked crime reports website and see the place is clean. Any advice would be really appreciated before we spent our hard earned 300K

Thank you very much in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 07:15 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,021,591 times
I almost bought a house in Copper Lakes 10 years ago. Ended up living just down the road from it and have lots of friends in there who absolutely love it. Beautiful neighborhood, well kept, and great homes in there. Not sure about the schools but pretty sure they go to the ones that are popular around here. Know a lot of families that wanted to go bigger and moved to Copper Lakes so they could stay in the same good schools they were already in.

Good luck!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Thank you Haudi for a quick reply - This is encouraging I am looking forward to hear more about schools in that area, which is a primary concern for us.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:23 AM

536 posts, read 1,063,290 times
We live in Copper Lakes (bought Nov '11) and love it.
I'm wondering if the house you're looking at is in section called the landing given it's age.
We're really happy with the decision we made to move here, our section has a bunch of great families in it who are all very social.

I commute from here to the Galleria every day (albeit early enough to miss traffic so it's only 20-25 mins for me ).

Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,861,584 times
I'm guessing Copper Lakes is zoned to Cy-Falls High School. If that's the case it's a very good school. Copper Lakes is a beautiful community and is also surrounded by very nice communities.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Thank you all - We found another house in same price range in Katy - Falcon point community near to Grand Pkwy 99 Now the real confusion starts - Our agent says Katy is a better bet for investment, I am worried about daily 20 mile commute to work Which one is better? Is there that much difference in cooper lakes Vs. Falcon Point? which is a better bet?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:03 PM

152 posts, read 458,213 times
I am not familiar with either community, but I would go with the shorter commute as it affects your quality of life. I have had the long commute before and wouldn't choose it again.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,021,591 times
Can your agent quantify Katy being a better bet? I'm curious what he/she's basing this off of.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:57 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsubramanian View Post
Thank you all - We found another house in same price range in Katy - Falcon point community near to Grand Pkwy 99 Now the real confusion starts - Our agent says Katy is a better bet for investment, I am worried about daily 20 mile commute to work Which one is better? Is there that much difference in cooper lakes Vs. Falcon Point? which is a better bet?
That's going to be a rough commute. I'm not familiar with Falcon Point but I know Copper Lakes very well and unless Falcon Point is something extraordinary I wouldn't pick it. I can't think of any drawbacks regarding Copper Lakes. Barker Cypress is far enough as it is. Not sure I would be willing to go as far out as 99.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haudi View Post
Can your agent quantify Katy being a better bet? I'm curious what he/she's basing this off of.
She said Katy zip code 77494 is the fastest growing in the whole country compared to 77095 of copper lakes. and the appreciation will be better when I plan to resell. Thats what she said - I am not sure its correct or not. Another point she mentioned was schools and childcare facilities due to the Texas children hospital near by... so not sure we are planning to sleep over it for a while..

I love you guys - you opinions count and gives new perspectives to think about it Thank you very much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: