Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:25 AM

65 posts, read 135,986 times

Advertisements

Bumping this thread and hoping for new info- I see in some LCISD meeting notes, on their website, that there is an Elementary #24 in the very beginning of planning. I am past the fact that the school in Firethorne is years away.........but any insight on where this new school WILL be? Surely in the north side of the district with how crowded Hubenak is?

Anyone???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 12:53 PM

455 posts, read 525,549 times
I just thought i would mention that i went to Huggins 30 years ago and seem to have come out of it OK.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 PM

LOL-OL- I only keep asking about this due to that drive to Huggins from here! It really does seem like a great school.........

Old 06-10-2015, 02:37 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,916,214 times
LCISD - Demographics Reports

From the 2015 Demographics Report:

As a result, the current Huggins attendance zone (which incorporates this entire quadrant under discussion) is
projected to contain over 5,000 resident Elementary students in the next decade. This translates
to six new Elementary schools in this area over the next ten years.

Elementary Site North of FM 1093 and East of Huggins
The first step in relieving overcrowding at Huggins is progressing quickly. Huggins attendance
zone is projected to contain 915 resident Elementary students in 2016‐17 and 1,187 students in
2017‐18 without a new school in the area. A new school north of FM 1093 and east of Huggins
could pull enough projected student population out of Huggins such that both schools could
accommodate the projected student population until about 2019‐20.

Firethorne West Elementary Site

The District owns a site in Firethorne West, and this site will ultimately be needed to serve the
student population in the far northern tip of the district (likely in about 2019‐20 based on this
Long Range Plan). However, using that site in the short term would require transporting the
majority of the school’s population from elsewhere in the current Huggins attendance zone; prior
to completion of the Fulshear Parkway and/or other arterials through that area, transportation
access would be a significant issue for all students except those living in Firethorne West.

Four Additional Elementary Sites
Beyond these two schools (north of FM 1093 in 2016 and Firethorne West site in 2019), four
additional Elementary schools could be needed in this quadrant of the district, based on current
plans, timelines and projections for new housing construction. The specific locations of these
future schools will depend on the relative progress and timing of numerous planned
developments. For example, as discussed previously, the ultimate population living in the master
planned communities of Firethorne West, Cross Creek and Tamarron Lakes could continue to be
empty‐nest‐oriented or could become more population with families with L.C.I.S.D. students.
Also, the Twinwood assemblage of parcels could move forward as one of the largest master
planned communities in the State, or it could become a multi‐generational land holding by
foreign investors with no residential development for decades. The District should continue to be
aware of the constant changes in plans for this entire area and be ready to work with developers
to secure school sites as appropriate projects move forward in the next few years.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:16 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,514,775 times
Elementary #24 is rumored to be coming to the new Creekside Ranch development which is on 359 just north of the current Settegast Ranch Rd. It will relieve Hubenak which may have as many as 1400 students next year

Old 01-28-2016, 08:17 AM

Wanted to bump this and say that it's confirmed that the new LCISD elementary school will be built in Fall 2017, in Firethorne.

I am beyond thrilled. Love Huggins, but don't love the commute.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:20 PM

177 posts, read 201,846 times
Glad to hear that! We just closed in Firethorne a few months ago and our little one will be just about ready for Kindergarten by then.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:24 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,916,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
Elementary #24 is rumored to be coming to the new Creekside Ranch development which is on 359 just north of the current Settegast Ranch Rd. It will relieve Hubenak which may have as many as 1400 students next year
Confirmed. My wife works in the district and has verified this. Supposedly a Fall 2016 opening.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:30 PM

9 posts, read 11,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissScarlett07 View Post
Wanted to bump this and say that it's confirmed that the new LCISD elementary school will be built in Fall 2017, in Firethorne.

I am beyond thrilled. Love Huggins, but don't love the commute.
I've been searching online for a while now to find any info on the new elementary in Firethorne. Thanks for the update.

Do you have any links with more info? Searching online only lead me to this forum.

Thanks

Old 01-28-2016, 02:35 PM

On Facebook, I'm connected to one of the LCISD board members, who keeps us abreast of new info. Her name is Melisa Roberts. She was able to confirm that in the last board meeting, which was last week, that it was decided that the new school will open in 2017. The other will open in 2019. It was between Firethorne and Tamarron on which would open first, and Firethorne was decided. Tamarron's elementary will open in 2019.

ETA: http://www.lcisd.org/docs/default-so...k.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Go to page 245

Last edited by MissScarlett07; 01-28-2016 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: added link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston