Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
What has that got to do with her education?

Have you heard the stupid things Ted Cruz says? He has no idea what NET Neutrality is, and his statement comparing it to Obamacare for the internet is simply assinine. He's not a stupid person, but he sure makes stupid statements. Note: Ted graduated with honors from Princeton University and with high honors from Harvard Law School. That doesn't mean he can't say dumb things.

Ted Cruz's Net Neutrality Take Isn't Just Dumb, It's Dangerous

Rick Perry? He thinks we fought the American Revolution in the 16th century. He thinks the Supreme Court has 8 justices (it has 9). He thinks Twitter is called Tweeter. He thinks Juarez is *the most dangerous city in the US (it's in Mexico, of course).

I love this quote of his: "George W. Bush did a incredible job in the presidency, defending us from freedom." –Rick Perry in 2010
They have to dumb it down so their supporters can relate.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,460 times
I don't think Sheila Jackson Lee is a great politician, but the hatred against here is clearly out of proportion to the mistakes she's made. There is a special glee that her detractors seem to get out of criticizing her and I hate to point at the elephant in the room but there it is: racism. I'm not playing the "race" card, I'm just pointing out the one y'all are holding under the table.

And yes, to the sensible posters here, Ted Cruz and Rick Perry are much bigger national embarrassments.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:08 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
She was invited by Kanye.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:14 PM

672 posts, read 847,660 times
I know plenty of people that went to good schools whom are the biggest morons on the face of this planet. SJL may have attended a good school, but she sure doesn't show it, hence my "uneducated" comment. The women is an embarrassment to her district or maybe she's representative of them, so maybe she isn't.

Also, hatred is a bit of a strong word. I don't hate her, I just think that she's a Grade A Buffoon that has no place in the halls of Congress. I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I watch the countless vids on Youtube of her embarrassing herself on a national stage.

And to those pulling the usual "race card", get over yourselves, this has nothing to do with race. If her name was Florence Henderson and did and said the same stupid things that SJL says, she would still be an uneducated moron. Race card...I should've know that that one was coming, good grief!

Old 02-10-2015, 10:56 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Sheila Jackson Lee and other Grammy 'outrages' on the Internet - Houston Chronicle

Guess who was repping the 713 at the Grammys! Houstons favorite tax waster Sheila Jackson Lee! Maybe she put in another plug for an MJ holiday or the soon to be proposed "Beyoncé Day".
Didn't see anybody complaining when Rick Perry was doing his clown tour trying to become President
and at the end making Texas look foolish with this famous "Ooopps" moment.

Perry's presidential run cost Texas taxpayers $3.6 million | The Star Telegram The Star Telegram

But Rick Perry is Republican and white, so it's ok.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:01 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
I know plenty of people that went to good schools whom are the biggest morons on the face of this planet. SJL may have attended a good school, but she sure doesn't show it, hence my "uneducated" comment. The women is an embarrassment to her district or maybe she's representative of them, so maybe she isn't.

Also, hatred is a bit of a strong word. I don't hate her, I just think that she's a Grade A Buffoon that has no place in the halls of Congress. I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I watch the countless vids on Youtube of her embarrassing herself on a national stage.

And to those pulling the usual "race card", get over yourselves, this has nothing to do with race. If her name was Florence Henderson and did and said the same stupid things that SJL says, she would still be an uneducated moron. Race card...I should've know that that one was coming, good grief!
And I'm sure your favorite politicians in Congress are much better...lol!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:10 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post

Right, and that "Compton" comment you made earlier had absolutely nothing to do with her skin color. Yeah, I can easily picture someone accusing Rick Perry of attending the Compton Branch of Yale.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:40 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
But Rick Perry is Republican and white, so it's ok.
The race card came out so much later than I expected.

----------

One of my favorite SJL moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4

Old 02-11-2015, 10:01 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Not defending SJL, but how in the world can y'all overlook this clown?
http://youtu.be/50hSS9RB50Q
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCyTQEANlmM

Old 02-11-2015, 10:08 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The race card came out so much later than I expected.

----------

One of my favorite SJL moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4
As it has already been demonstrated, the race card applies here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston