Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 1,727 times

Advertisements

Hello all. My wife and I currently live in townhouse in the medical center. However, we recently had our first child and we are looking to move to the suburbs in order to get a larger house with more space and an actual yard. I work downtown. My wife works in Humble ISD. We really like the southern surburban cities (Sugar Land, Pearland etc...) Our budget is 375k. Any suggestion on communities with nice houses, and the best commutes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 07:26 PM

82 posts, read 102,039 times
Is your wife OK with an hour long commute? Why not minimize commute and live in Atascosita or Kingwood?

Old 06-25-2017, 10:59 PM

569 posts, read 1,078,866 times
Any commute from Sugar Land or Pearland to Humble is like a cruel punishment for your wife.

Working downtown affords you with the opportunity to Park and Ride from any suburb to downtown, but your wife gets no such option. Bad deal.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:39 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
You are kidding about living in a Southern suburb and having your wife commute to Humble ISD, right? There are many suburbs in Humble ISD that would be better if you don't want to continue living in town.

Perhaps Fall Creek - bit a closer commute for you. What hours do you work? I used to live in Atascocita, and it would take about 45-50 minutes door to door when I worked bedside (7a-7p) at Texas Childrens. That was living in Eagle Springs. Fall Creek would take at least 15 minutes off of that commute. My husband worked downtown, and he took the Express bus sometimes (not far from Fall Creek), otherwise, depending on when he left, it was a 35-65 minute commute to downtown for him (off of McKinney). He preferred to leave in time to be able to catch the HOV and just paid for it.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:46 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Pearland (areas along Pearland parkway) to humble wouldn't be bad if she took the beltway all the way to humble. But you've got lots of tolls to pay.

Clear lake neighborhoods along space center and clear lake city blvd provide great access to the beltway and 45. And great schools and not as far from humble as Pearland. And there is always metro park and ride if you don't want to do the downtown commute in your car.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:37 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,289,147 times
That is a crazy commute from Sugar Land or Pearland and expensive. Move to Kingwood

Old 06-26-2017, 11:42 AM

My wife is on the same page as me. We just don't like the northside. She's leaves work work very early so she is able to avoid the morning rush hour and doesn't mind the commute at all.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:58 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadJay View Post
My wife is on the same page as me. We just don't like the northside. She's leaves work work very early so she is able to avoid the morning rush hour and doesn't mind the commute at all.
Well, if you're dead set on southern burbs, then NE Pearland is pretty much where you want to be. Then take the Beltway around to Humble and pay the tolls.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:33 PM

What makes NE Pearland better?? The section near 288 and 518 seems to have a lot more life to it.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadJay View Post
What makes NE Pearland better?? The section near 288 and 518 seems to have a lot more life to it.
Both sides of Pearland have a lot to offer. There is more retail/restaurants on the West side as well as more traffic. They are building several new subdivisions south of Pearland in Manvel so that will increase the traffic as well. The east side near Pearland Parkway is pretty nice. They are starting to build more retail and restaurants in that area as well, however it is probably a little more laid back than the west side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston