Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 03:45 PM

203 posts, read 337,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonamd View Post
For what reason? Do you have a personal experience with them? I find that most people that say to avoid KB home have no experience with them and are just going off what they read on the internet.

I own a KB home and have had no issues with it. I'm also in a community that is going on 10 years old now and if I had to make the choice today...I would still buy a house here.

There are a lot more variables that go into buying a house than the company that builds it. I know people that have gone with what most people seem to consider high end builders that have had far more issues with their home than I've had with mine.

Yes, bought my 1st home and it was a KB homes. The first few months were perfect, after that, leaks, plumbing pipes broken, mold, cracks on walls, etc. Had to fight with customer service for so long and it took about 6 months for them to actually come out and fix problems. After, did my research and noticed the many amateur errors from framers, electrician, plumbers, etc. Overall, they follow building codes but they use the cheapest materials, labor they can find. I was not the only one in my neighborhood with problems.

Luckily, I was able to sell the home after a year living in it. Never again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 04:14 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Quote:
For what reason? Do you have a personal experience with them? I find that most people that say to avoid KB home have no experience with them and are just going off what they read on the internet.
Buying a KB Home is like buying a Kia. Maybe it works out for you but you are usually better off to spend a little more and get a Ford or a Hyundai.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:32 PM

682 posts, read 1,942,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Buying a KB Home is like buying a Kia. Maybe it works out for you but you are usually better off to spend a little more and get a Ford or a Hyundai.
I was very involved in the process when our home was being built. I was out at the site nearly every day and if something didn't look right or I noticed an issue I brought it to the attention of the construction supervisor and it was fixed. The only problems I've had in 5 years were in the first year which were some broken window balances and a failed ceiling fan...which had nothing to do with KB really since they didn't make them and they were promptly (less than 48 hours) fixed under warranty. I know people that have been in a KB for nearly 20 years and they still love it.

For your car comparison...you do realize Hyundai owns a large percentage of Kia right? And they share engineering and design resources and some Hyundai and Kia vehicles are made in the same plants? And all Kias use Hyundai engines and transmissions? I own 2 Kias. Most reliable vehicles I have ever owned after having GM and Ford vehicles for 15+ years.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:35 AM

833 posts, read 1,886,584 times
Quote:
That analogy does not work since Hyundai and Kai are the same thing. They are build on the same platforms with the same technology.

KB Homes stood for Kid Built Homes however they have seem to set it up in the quality department over the last few years.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:44 AM

203 posts, read 337,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurkmona View Post
Anserra Estates by KB homes,Katy TX
Is this a good place to invest in property

For that kind of money, I would look somewhere else. There are plenty of better neighborhoods around Anserra like Firethorne with better builders.

I would not risk my hard earn money to buy a KB Home. They have so many negative reviews and complaints. It's got to be for a reason. My personal experience with them is negative like I stated before in this thread.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:09 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Quote:
I own 2 Kias.
Mystery solved.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:39 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,718 times
I think all the replies here except one has been negative about kb homes. That should tell you enough.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
I think all the replies here except one has been negative about kb homes. That should tell you enough.
That's because most people are quite a bit more likely to leave a complaint rather than a positive comment. Few people go out of their way to comment on things if they are good. If I went off of online reviews or forums on everything I bought, I wouldn't own anything.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Mystery solved.
What mystery? 10 years ago I would have never considered a Kia. The Kia today is nothing like it was 10 years ago. Both the Soul and Sorento have earned top rankings for initial quality. The Sorento is one of a handful of models that there has never been a fatality in. Kia is no longer a low end manufacturer with low cost vehicles.

Same thing with KB Home, there has been a big push for quality in the past several years and they've made a lot of improvements. If anyone considers one, you need to talk to people in the community you are building in. Quality depends more on the construction supervisor than the company name.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:48 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,718 times
Quote:
That's because most people are quite a bit more likely to leave a complaint rather than a positive comment. Few people go out of their way to comment on things if they are good. If I went off of online reviews or forums on everything I bought, I wouldn't own anything.
You have your head in the sand. I get it. You bought a kb home and you're happy with it. Fine. But we have bad reviews from many people including realtors who are in the business that says they're not good.

And yes, there are bad reviews on all builders but I sure if you asked 100 people to compare kb homes to any builder, they would be at the bottom of the list for the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston