Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:10 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times

Advertisements

I have been a member of Nextdoor for close a yr now default the only people that can see your address is anybody else that is in your neighborhood they can not see your phone number and nobody outside your neighborhood can see your info. I think you can set your info to be totally hidden from everyone only thing they will know is which neighborhood you live in.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:14 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Not what I meant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I am been a member of Nextdoor for close a yr now default the only people that can see your address is anybody else that is in your neighborhood they can not see your phone number and nobody outside your neighborhood can see your info. I think you can set your info to be totally hidden from everyone only thing they will know is which neighborhood you live in.
'Sorry, I am in IT and what you describe is not what I was referring to. I was thinking of more nefarious scenarios.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:18 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I have been a member of Nextdoor for close a yr now default the only people that can see your address is anybody else that is in your neighborhood they can not see your phone number and nobody outside your neighborhood can see your info. I think you can set your info to be totally hidden from everyone only thing they will know is which neighborhood you live in.
The forum owners can, and can sell the info.
my SIL was an owner of a huge forum based on a reality show many moons ago. yup, no, and thanks.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:37 PM

366 posts, read 797,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
The forum owners can, and can sell the info.
my SIL was an owner of a huge forum based on a reality show many moons ago. yup, no, and thanks.
They don't sell info. Straight from their site "we will not sell users' private information to other companies."

I like nextdoor. One, it's verified, so the lead can decide whether or not to include the neighbor even after verification (for even more verification). Also, those numbers and emails come in handy when needed, but are not to be used for solicitation by the leads. Advertising is not allowed, and if so, the posts are taken down immediately. Many of my neighbors have posted about lost dogs, suspicious activity, recommendations, get-togethers, etc. Does nextdoor make people get along? No, no more than any other neighborhood. On the other hand, it's good for communication and no one is forced to join nextdoor.com.

We actually had a case where we had suspicious activity going on in our neighborhood and used nextdoor.com to communicate. It worked so well, that we found out the suspicious activity was actually private investigators monitoring one of our neighbors. Those PIs would get frustrated because we busted them every time (before we knew they were PIs). Anyway, the owner of the PI company was so impressed that he decided to move into our neighborhood due to the communication of our neighbors.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:51 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Hmmm...

Old 04-24-2015, 04:07 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
We are discussing a competitive website. closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston