Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,856 times

Advertisements

Caught on camera: Man tasered by deputy outside of Willowbrook Mall

This kind of things seem to be a regular occurrence in Willowhood mall now and days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 11:47 AM

811 posts, read 1,556,528 times
I was wondering how long it would take you to post this!! Maybe you should take a look at this, your favourite mall is #1 and Willowbrook doesn't place!

5 Houston-area malls with most calls to police | Investigates - Home

Old 08-24-2015, 11:51 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,820,807 times
I knew you'd find this on reddit and post it here lol.. there's no denying Antoine Dr. seems to keep creeping up 249, but fm 1960 has seemed to act like a barrier at least, (for now). I have family that lives in Greenwood forest, which is really the only decent neighborhood left south of 1960 on an island right now, hanging onto their home values due to being adjacent to Champions. I still think the bark people have for this area is way worse than the bite.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:59 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabot View Post
I was wondering how long it would take you to post this!! Maybe you should take a look at this, your favourite mall is #1 and Willowbrook doesn't place!

Cabot, ssh! If ipuck and his ilk avoid it, all the better for the SAHM thugs like us.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:22 PM

811 posts, read 1,556,528 times
LOL!!!!!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:57 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabot View Post

To be fair, 420 of the 461 calls at The Woodlands are due to door dings on Land Rovers.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
I knew you'd find this on reddit and post it here lol.. there's no denying Antoine Dr. seems to keep creeping up 249, but fm 1960 has seemed to act like a barrier at least, (for now). I have family that lives in Greenwood forest, which is really the only decent neighborhood left south of 1960 on an island right now, hanging onto their home values due to being adjacent to Champions. I still think the bark people have for this area is way worse than the bite.
Since you mention Reddit...I am obviously not the only one that have seen the decline. Here are some comments.

Quote:
The surrounding area has been sort of south for a while but Willowbrook mall itself was an island with a much lower crime rate than the surrounding area until the management cut the security budget savagely several times removing their billable hours down by over 2/3rds. Unsurprisingly petty crime spiked followed shortly after by violent crime and even a random homicide. Management then replaced the original security company with another company with an even lower budget and things continue to spiral out of control.
Quote:
I remember when H&M opened their second store in Houston in 2012, I drove there for the first time in 20 years. It had gone downhill. I was scratching my head as to why H&M chose Willowbrook, but thankfully the Galleria and (upcoming) CityCentre stores have negated any reason to drive to that part of town.
I should emphasize that area isn't entirely rough as there are scattered pockets of decent houses and families. Just not what it used to be. People who graduated from high schools there in the 80s and early 90s are different from the current students.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:40 PM

672 posts, read 847,142 times
That officer was way too patient and could've cost himself his own life in a couple of those positions he found himself in. If he would've shot him, he would've been justified.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:58 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,725,473 times
Well, Ipuck, your own quote from reddit suggests that it is the cheapness of Willowbrook's management that is to blame for the spike in crime, not anything inherent in the people who shop there. I live across the street from the Memorial City mall and I like going there but I still sometimes go to Willowbrook (Mainly for See's Candies). I don't notice an appreciable difference in quality of experience between the two.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:39 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,937,855 times
Any large-scale retail attracts crime, in any neighborhood. Criminals go where the money and merchandise are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston