Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 07:37 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,448,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
they will probably build a third airport between the two airports
Hobby would be closed instead. All flights will be at IAH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 06:55 AM

91 posts, read 293,305 times
I took Super Shuttle once. It goes direct from airport to airport; so it could work in this scenario. I think it was about 45 dollars.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:20 AM

62 posts, read 62,264 times
Don't take Super Shuttle. I have never been picked from the airport within a reasonable time, and the shuttle will probably stop to pick up additional passengers. If you can, spend the extra money and take Uber.

You should have plenty of time to make your connecting flight.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:41 PM

76 posts, read 67,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aba030 View Post
Assuming the flight into HOU is on-time, there will be absolutely no problem making the flight at IAH 4:45 later. Even with check bags (assume 0:30 to get baggage) and needing to get to IAH say 1:15 before your flight, the OP still has 3 hours to get between airports. OP, ignore all the comments about you having no chance to make your connection.
Absolutely. I drive rush hour traffic 290 and sometimes i45, you should be able to make this drive staying on either 59 or the beltway in about 1-1:20. I've also flown out of IAH dozens of times, getting through security and ticket gates has never taken me longer than 30 minutes, not a single time.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:57 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,238,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdark80 View Post
I recently took an Uber Select from Hobby to IAH (inbound flight to IAH was cancelled, had to take Southwest home and pick up my car at IAH).

It was exactly $92.89.

Landing Hobby @ 5PM, with an 8:45PM flight out of IAH you will have plenty of time, with some to spare.
If Sat, Sun, you should be fine. If that is a weekday, good luck. Traffic will be terrible as that's the middle of rush hour. If this is the Wed before Thanksgiving, forget it.

If you need to change, I'd look at moving the Hobby flight earlier, get you out of rush hour. Even an hour would help a bunch. Also, Hobby is probably Southwest with no change fees. Changing a IAH airline flight would suck and be expensive.

But carrying on and having boarding passes in hand for IAH flight will help a lot.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:58 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,238,805 times
Taxi or Uber are your best options. Don't consider renting a car - way too time consuming on both ends. That can add 1-2 hours, depending on lines and probably not save much if anything at all.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:27 AM

186 posts, read 188,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imback View Post
You have at most 4:45 hours for plane to land at Hobby, get to her way , shuffle off plane, walk down concourse to ground transportation , negotiate and get on ground transport, get to IAH which with NO traffic is close to an hour, get through security at IAH, and get to your gate at IAH. This is assuming no checked luggage. You are not in position to be quibbling about costs unless saving money on ground transport is more important to you than at least having some hope of making your flight at lAH.
Your only realistic options are:
Carry on luggage only, have IAH boarding pass in hand,pray Hobby flight is on time and not delayed on tarmac, run don't walk to taxi stand, pray taxi line is short, pray traffic to IAH is not too bad, pray IAH security is fast, pray your gate is not at far end of the concourse, run don't walk to gate. Realize you are praying for not one but several miracles, and have a contingency plan ready if you miss your IAH flight .
Chicken little much? A little less than 5 hours is cutting it a bit close but you are making it sound like it's impossible. It's very possible. The only factor will be the traffic that day. I say Uber is your best bet.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:28 AM

9,869 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Super Shuttle is the best option

Old 11-02-2015, 11:38 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
If it connects downtown to the airports
I would expect a reduction in traffic and reduce the need to expand I-45
Do you have any numbers on how many cars are on I-45 going to/from downtown and the airports?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: