Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 07:57 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,286,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Well thank god your parents didn't try and become part of the current fad and just go ahead and label you transgender which is probably what would happen today. Kids need to be kids and at some point in life they figure it out. I don't think they need a push from
Parents at age six to change genders.
I don't believe parents are in a rush to label their kids anything other than happy. Now there's some groups from both sides that are eager to start putting people into boxes though.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:01 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Do believe parents are creating this mess for many children. Have known many parents over the decades who dresses their child differently, wore hair as they were the opposite sex, or nurtured the kid when he wanted to be the mom or she the dad. Also those who were totally disappointed in the gender they gave birth to. Do also believe as some of you mentioned not all tomboy girls grew up to be trans nor boys who played with dolls and dishes trans or gay. I was a total tomboy but married twice with 3 children and love my girls. They also were into their sports and rough and tumble, now married raising their own children who also into the sports thing.A child at the age of 3-4 isnt capable of making life decisions on what sex they should be. Parents are doing the shopping and when you see a boy in feminine garb its the parent not the childs decision. Kind of gets the ball rolling so to speak.
I am inclined to agree with many of these points, and since I was a tomboy myself, I am very observant when I see some of those tendencies in my 8 year old girl. I would never let her reach the extremes that I had as a child, because it did cause me some embarrassment. Fortunately, she naturally gravitates to more feminine things than I did at that same age.

And I also think there is a bit of a double standard here between girls and boys. It is much more socially acceptable for a girl to be a tomboy than for a boy to be effeminate. Most adults will assume the girl will grow out of it, but that the boy is probably gay. Not necessarily true on either count.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:19 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
It comes from Fox News, so we know it must be true.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:38 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,871,270 times
Stories like this remind me of the Sleepaway Camp movie......

Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,994,493 times
I know there are true transgenders out there from little on but inthinkmthey need to reach that place in life. I don't think parents need to be making assumptions because the girl
Is boyish or the boy is girlish. Sometimes they're just kids and that's it.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:47 AM

986 posts, read 1,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
no other news outlet beside houston fox news covered it
. . .

Old 11-06-2015, 08:54 AM

132 posts, read 91,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
It comes from Fox News, so we know it must be true.
It's reported here online from a Houston radio station. Geez, does that make you feel any better??

Katy Transgender Child Sparks Debate | KTRH

And another link that's from a Loca fox news heaven forbid.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/national/44692805-story

Just because it hasn't reached the rest of the news outlets yet doesn't mean it should be discounted. Seems more news coming out.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysoul View Post
Just because it hasn't reached the rest of the news outlets yet doesn't mean it should be discounted. Seems more news coming out.
If its on Fox or MSNBC, I wont take it seriously until more trustworthy sources come out with it. They are too biased.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:11 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Well thank god your parents didn't try and become part of the current fad and just go ahead and label you transgender which is probably what would happen today. Kids need to be kids and at some point in life they figure it out. I don't think they need a push from
Parents at age six to change genders.
And conveniently forget about the other kids who call names or the Teacher who does nothing to stop them.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:50 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
A couple of things here. Being a tomboy or and effeminate boy is not at all the same as being transgender. Being transgender is also not defined by liking to play with the opposite gender's toys or by wanting to dress in the clothing of the opposite gender. This is based on the child's feeling like his body is wrong and children who are transgender often know that earlier than you think they would.

When Do Kids Know They

Transgender Children & Youth: Ask The Expert - Is My Child Transgender? | Resources | Human Rights Campaign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: