Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,502 times

Advertisements

My family is facing a relocation to Houston (from Ohio) and we are considering The Groves. Any input? We love the feel of the community and all the big trees but are hesitant to jump in at the very early stages of a development (construction for years, amenities not already built, etc). It seems the school situation is on the upswing in the area with new schools slated for the community. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have on the area in general!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 AM

672 posts, read 847,445 times
We were renting in Atascocita and considered the Groves when we were deciding where to build last year. We liked the Groves because of the trees, but decided against given how much the traffic already sucks out on West Lake Houston and is only getting worse. We decided to build in the new Tavola community in New Caney, just north of Atascocita on 59. Same developer as Friendswood and Kingwood, so lots of tall trees everywhere, which is what we liked. I hate all of these new communities where you don't see a tree anywhere in sight!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:16 AM

186 posts, read 209,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
We were renting in Atascocita and considered the Groves when we were deciding where to build last year. We liked the Groves because of the trees, but decided against given how much the traffic already sucks out on West Lake Houston and is only getting worse. We decided to build in the new Tavola community in New Caney, just north of Atascocita on 59. Same developer as Friendswood and Kingwood, so lots of tall trees everywhere, which is what we liked. I hate all of these new communities where you don't see a tree anywhere in sight!
That whole corner up there needs help in the traffic area badly. We have family in Porter/Kingwood and are currently deciding where to buy/build. We'd love to be close to them up there but we just can't talk ourselves into that area.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfarm_ View Post
That whole corner up there needs help in the traffic area badly. We have family in Porter/Kingwood and are currently deciding where to buy/build. We'd love to be close to them up there but we just can't talk ourselves into that area.
More and more people are moving into the Northeast area of Harris County.....which is probably the least congested suburb of Houston. We decided on New Caney, since it's close to all of our friends in Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita, close to our church, and with the opening of the Grand Parkway extension next month, plus the new Valley Ranch Town Center Mall opening up soon, we saw it as a good investment. Getting to the Woodlands and places West will be a breeze once the Grand Parkway opens, which is just a few miles South on 59 from where I live.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:27 AM

186 posts, read 209,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
More and more people are moving into the Northeast area of Harris County.....which is probably the least congested suburb of Houston. We decided on New Caney, since it's close to all of our friends in Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita, close to our church, and with the opening of the Grand Parkway extension next month, plus the new Valley Ranch Town Center Mall opening up soon, we saw it as a good investment. Getting to the Woodlands and places West will be a breeze once the Grand Parkway opens, which is just a few miles South on 59 from where I live.
New Caney wouldn't be bad. And honestly, Porter isn't bad being on the west side of 59. Housing prices are good up there for what we are looking for/our budget. Unfortunately, another tick we have against us when looking up there is my commute to work in NW (290/Hollister area) would not be fun. (My husband doesn't have to worry about commute being that he works offshore so he always forgets this when he brings up that area...) I think we've decided on the north Cypress area.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfarm_ View Post
New Caney wouldn't be bad. And honestly, Porter isn't bad being on the west side of 59. Housing prices are good up there for what we are looking for/our budget. Unfortunately, another tick we have against us when looking up there is my commute to work in NW (290/Hollister area) would not be fun. (My husband doesn't have to worry about commute being that he works offshore so he always forgets this when he brings up that area...) I think we've decided on the north Cypress area.
Ah yes, that commute would suck! I work Downtown, near Minute Maid Park, so the commute is a breeze, and my wife is a teacher in the Elementary school that they built for the community, so she has like a 30 second commute LOL.

Good luck, Cypress is nice, and the good thing is that the Grand Parkway will make visiting your friends on this side an easy drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston