Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 AM

799 posts, read 3,694,285 times

Advertisements

I agree with Silverwings that the HOA fees are a little higher and I have seen them about 1100.00 for upper end communiites, the million dollar homes, but it is unlikely those folks worry about making the payment. They also get private security etc.
I believe the limited entrances is to detour crime. Criminals don't like to be trapped within a neighborhood. The police block the entrances and they have no way out, so I believe that is also master planned.
In The Woodlands, most neighborhoods only have 1 entrance.I love the Master planned communities, they are well kept, beautiful, neighbor friendly and provide so many amenities you never have to leave.
On the other hand I also love 6 acres! You have to love the spread out homes on land, homes by the beach, homes on the lake and on and on. It just depends on what you want and what you can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
Topaz, glad to hear things are going good since your miss-hap move!...I am still so jealous you are living the life! Our turn will be soon.
Sounds like you are becoming real happy about the move. Congratulations!
Thanks, MissDaisy! Yes, your turn will be soon, don't worry!

I do wish we had come here earlier rather than detour to Oregon. That move cost us a lot of money and frustration. But I had this fantasy about living in such a beautiful state and I needed to actually go there to get it out of my system, I suppose...

Right now what I'm thinking is that Houston gets such awful press, you are likely to be pleasantly surprised if you move here. Other places, by contrast, (in my case, the West Coast) make a fabulous first impression because they are so scenic and then the reality of living there doesn't match up unless you have a TON of cash to spend.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 PM

684 posts, read 2,110,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Thanks, MissDaisy! Yes, your turn will be soon, don't worry!

I do wish we had come here earlier rather than detour to Oregon. That move cost us a lot of money and frustration. But I had this fantasy about living in such a beautiful state and I needed to actually go there to get it out of my system, I suppose...

Right now what I'm thinking is that Houston gets such awful press, you are likely to be pleasantly surprised if you move here. Other places, by contrast, (in my case, the West Coast) make a fabulous first impression because they are so scenic and then the reality of living there doesn't match up unless you have a TON of cash to spend.
I am in Northern California, and I couldn't have said it better myself.
That's why we are doing the Houston thing!
We get to *visit* our new home in Conroe next week...wish we could move there now, but for tax purposes we have to lease it out for 2 grueling years..
Oh well, every day that goes by brings us that much closer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston