Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohweller View Post
NWhatever.I lived here my entire life. It really sucks here. I've been dying to flee this city since a child. believe it or not I literaly had a meltdown and desperately left for Atlanta in 1996. I was there for 3mths but had to return to houston. i was so torn that i had to come back that cried on they greyhound. I've been stuck here since. i understand people want to brag about their city. i get that but I honestly dont see what there is to brag about. just cause i was born here doesnt mean its for me. it lacks too much. I'm miserable here but I will be leaving soon.
I find it interesting that you grew up in a city that provides one with many options to make something of their life. Once you get that under your belt than you can take off where ever you want depending on what you studied in college. May I suggest something in the Medical field that will take you anywhere in the world.

I would be miserable as well if I grew up in Houston not taking advantage of the multiple opportunities to gain life skills that would enable you to live wherever you wanted comfortabally.

Houston certainly has that going for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
I think is funny when people complain about illegals
same people that love the 3000 sq.ft. houses for less than $200,000 thanks to all the illegals that built them.
If instead of Juan, Jose and Paulo it had been built by John, Joe and Paul that house would have cost twice as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston