Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 12:36 PM

104 posts, read 110,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to this View Post
Was this in an inventory home? The reason why I asked if it was an inventory home, is because my realtor once told me those are the worst homes to purchase. They build them quickly and in doing so always cut corners. I'm sorry you guys are experiencing this. You're not the first or the last to think that because you're purchasing a new home, everything will be good. This is not the first time I'm hearing individuals having a hard time getting Westin to clean up their mess. I hope everything works out in your favor!
Yes, it was an inventory home and it sat on the market for almost a year before we purchased it, so many issues with it since we closed..
Thank you, we filed with the BBB because we are getting nowhere and after 2k spent on inspections, we are tired of their incompetent contractors too..hoping it works out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 12:37 PM

104 posts, read 110,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
You know what's odd. My DW home was fairly good until I sold it. In six years of ownership there wasn't any issues. The month of selling the roof jacks decide to start leaking and the water heater breaks. Perhaps these issues existed a month or two prior but weren't uncovered till the inspections.
Wow, strange..

Old 03-27-2020, 07:49 AM

186 posts, read 188,827 times
Having just done a full custom build where I contracted everything myself (had to research every single stage of the build) I have learned there are a millions ways to build a home incorrectly. I've walked many properties to put my research into real world application ($20M customs to track homes in Katy) and have found the major builders to majorly skimp on very important things....I assume that is to sell the home at a price point that is attractive to the buyer along with making an acceptable profit.

100% every person buying any home (custom or not) either has to do their own research and inspection or pay very good money for a reputable builder to do multiple inspections throughout the process.

For me, i spent hours a night researching phases of the build and still then on every phase i hired a reputable inspector to review the work before moving on (slab, framing, electrical, mechanical, pre dry wall, etc)

Most spec homes built these days are absolutely atrocious quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: