Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 10:57 AM

9,928 posts, read 6,634,537 times

Advertisements

Houston isn't missing many name brand boutiques, one that it is missing is Balenciaga, who announced they will open at the Galleria in June. The Spanish luxury brand will be the second location in Texas, the other being at Highland Park Village in Dallas.

https://www.simon.com/mall/the-galle...ning-june-2020

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 05:44 PM

At the same time that Akris was scheduled to debut their Galleria location, Akris announced it will be closing all its boutiques until further notice due to COVID-19 concerns. So Houston will have to wait until then for the Galleria debut. They're moving there from the River Oaks District location, which makes sense considering Akris is a smaller brand, while another big brand can take its place. As I stated above, there aren't many large brands missing Houston locations especially now with Balenciaga opening soon, maybe Akris' free space can lure Alexander McQueen?

Old 03-19-2020, 06:55 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,570,987 times
I think all development is on hold until this virus blows over.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:06 PM

The River Oaks District is relatively new, so not many know what it's about. Here's a video I came across uploaded earlier this month. It showcases most of the development as it stands right now, Phase II is currently under construction. You first see the flagships on the East wing of the development. Harry Winston, Hermes, Cartier and Dior did it big and set up flagship locations that are rare in Texas. Each store has its unique architecture that fits the image of its brand. Only development that does this in the American South outside of Miami.

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 03-23-2020 at 12:18 PM..

Old 03-28-2020, 12:11 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,463,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
They are. Companies generally prefer investing during a downturn because they can find cheaper ways to build the same thing.
Yeah, I was wondering "What oil bust?" The OP has no idea about the business cycle or finance.

Quote:
They have stores all throughout the East and West Coast and Illinois.
Minor correction: Scratch Illinois for Chicago(land).

Old 05-15-2020, 01:36 PM

Akris has officially opened doors in at the Galleria, moving from the River Oaks District. The move makes sense, since Akris is a small boutique, and ROD is mostly reserved for flagships.

Obviously given the global recession, activity in this thread will conveniently slow down a bit as it hit right after it started, but there are still some activity scheduled to come. There are a few summertime stores due to open in the summertime. Gianvito Rossi and Golden Goose (two Italian luxury shoe brands) were scheduled to already have opened, but their companies have decided to close all boutiques for now due to the virus. They should open in the coming weeks, though.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:55 PM

The luxury grocery store chain, Harvest Natural Market, which started in Houston just a few years ago is opening their fourth store (and second location in the Woodlands) in the Woodlands. They've been expanding rapidly. A Missouri City location is also underway.

They're basically a new version of Whole Foods and do a good job of implementing their neighborhood's demographic to their stores. How they're able to expand so quickly, I'm not sure. The COVID-19 grocery rush probably helped them tons.

https://communityimpact.com/wp-conte...ral-Market.jpg

Last edited by elnina; 07-02-2020 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted

Old 05-23-2020, 11:38 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,461,653 times
Quote:
The River Oaks District is relatively new, so not many know what it's about. Here's a video I came across uploaded earlier this month. It showcases most of the development as it stands right now, Phase II is currently under construction. You first see the flagships on the East wing of the development. Harry Winston, Hermes, Cartier and Dior did it big and set up flagship locations that are rare in Texas. Each store has its unique architecture that fits the image of its brand. Only development that does this in the American South outside of Miami.

This video reminds me of Parklane Place in Dallas...or Mockingbird Station...Just new and normal...not Luxury.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:43 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,568,238 times
This makes me miss Swamplot. Are there any good replacements for it?

I like Uniqlo. It's somewhere between Old Navy and Gap. It's good for basics.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:32 PM

5,630 posts, read 4,955,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
This video reminds me of Parklane Place in Dallas...or Mockingbird Station...Just new and normal...not Luxury.
Actually, the price points for the establishments in ROD are definitely luxury. The owners have really aimed high-end in terms of tenants.

Now, whether or not you find the physical environment commensurate, is another issue and more subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston