Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 05:58 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
lots of folks don't vote in primaries, and many of those who do vote in Republican primaries are rabidly stupid conservatives, we get stupid politicians. Like our moronic Lt. Governor, smug AG, and ignorant Ag Commissioner. They hate the poor, they hate non-stupid conservatives and "commie" Democrats, they hate the people of color, they hate non-Christians, and their goal is to force their bizarre world view on the rest of us.
Ain't that the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidewolf1989 View Post
She waited way too long on the stay at home order. Got beat to the punch by every other big city in the state (save El Paso) and even Waco. Think there is a lot of friction between her and Turner, who has also been a disappointment with his handling of the virus situation.
Agree, Tuner has turned out to be a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 06:09 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,832 times
[Mod cut: orphaned]

Well hello sunshine!

It's totally fair to point out the hypocrisy of the state GOP officials attacking Judge Hidalgo for this order, when those same officials nary a peep of dissent directed toward Gov. Abbott for similar draconian orders.

It's also fair to point out why these orders are being issued in the first place. These government officials didn't just suddenly decide to take away our personal freedoms on a whim.

Again I really really dislike wearing a mask but I will wear one in public, appreciating that they do reduce the likelihood of transmission even if they don't prevent it, and admittedly I'm more likely to wear one when it is mandated. Until we have widespread testing available and a reasonable degree of confidence that people walking around are not infectious, let there be masks.

I wish you well.

Last edited by elnina; 04-23-2020 at 07:18 PM..

Old 04-23-2020, 07:14 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,026,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Ain't that the truth

Agree, Tuner has turned out to be a joke.
They all look like jokes wearing those masks for press conferences. Is that really necessary?

Old 04-23-2020, 07:29 PM

61,726 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I would like to remind everyone that this is a Houston forum, the thread is about Harris county and your "general politics" posts are all off-topic. If you want to venture into politics, please do so on the Politics Forum.
Thank you!

Old 04-24-2020, 02:12 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Welp, I WAS going to post but I see things are being cut.....but so many threads that do veer into politics don't get the nip/tuck.

It's no big deal. Cover your mouth and nose. What's the problem? If the opposite side said to do it, then all the ones protesting it WOULD do it in a heartbeat. It's a simple matter of "some people" don't like being told what to do. THEY like being the ones/side to tell people what to do and vice versa.

Jesus take the Wheel!

Old 04-24-2020, 09:57 PM

61,726 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Welp, I WAS going to post but I see things are being cut.....but so many threads that do veer into politics don't get the nip/tuck.
Yeah, I know, but it's impossible to check every thread/post on the forums - they are usually checked when reported.
I don't try to just cherry-pick some.
Coronavirus general thoughts are posted on Current Events, and CV politics on Politics Forum. We try to maintain some sanity on C-D...
Thank you, guys, for your understanding!

Old 04-24-2020, 10:27 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,026,405 times
This is an interesting argument from two California doctors to re-open the economy:

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

Interesting perspective on building our immune systems, and they question why healthy people are being quarantined.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:34 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,526,390 times
What is here legally considered as 'public places'? Any street outside gated communities, any forest, state park, beach, trail?
Will I get shot by police if I forget to wear bandana when walking my neighborhood trails?

Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 PM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
What is here legally considered as 'public places'? Any street outside gated communities, any forest, state park, beach, trail?
Will I get shot by police if I forget to wear bandana when walking my neighborhood trails?
If you are exercising you are exempt. Oddly enough, if you are homeless you are exempt as well.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:25 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,526,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
If you are exercising you are exempt. Oddly enough, if you are homeless you are exempt as well.
But if I am just walking on a sidewalk, not running? I guess if I pay a lot of $$$ to an experienced lawyer, he can qualify this as exercising, but how about in general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston