Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 05:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,580 times

Advertisements

I lived in SW Houston & Katy Texas for 27 years. I moved to Florida in August 2002. I'm in a horrible, controlling, verbally & mentally abusive 18 long year marriage. He's always right and I am always wrong. He wants out & so do I. I just wanna come back to Houston but I am by no means wealthy. I have until August or September to find a place I can afford. In BearCreek, SW, Alief or Katy. I'm on a fixed income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 09:43 AM

41 posts, read 32,095 times
Good luck!

Old 07-21-2020, 07:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilamena77Reeves View Post
I lived in SW Houston & Katy Texas for 27 years. I moved to Florida in August 2002. I'm in a horrible, controlling, verbally & mentally abusive 18 long year marriage. He's always right and I am always wrong. He wants out & so do I. I just wanna come back to Houston but I am by no means wealthy. I have until August or September to find a place I can afford. In BearCreek, SW, Alief or Katy. I'm on a fixed income.
Sorry to hear about your situation! Have you been able to find a place yet? I could totally help out with that.

I was in a situation like yours a few years ago. DM me if you need to! I will be more than happy to help you.

Old 07-23-2020, 03:33 PM

7 posts, read 4,276 times
Why come back to this hot swampy hellhole? Now the swamp has become expensive and the streets are in such disrepair it is like living in a third world country.. So many beautiful affordable areas of the country. Do some research.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:36 PM

32 posts, read 35,214 times
[quote=auntpittypat;58723014]Why come back to this hot swampy hellhole? Now the swamp has become expensive and the streets are in such disrepair it is like living in a third world country.. So many beautiful affordable areas of the country. Do some research.[/

Hummm obviously you have not been to a 3rd world country...

Houston is a great city, I like it. I am lucky i do not have to live in a city and say that where I live is a hellhole. Be grateful.

Old 07-26-2020, 08:05 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntpittypat View Post
Why come back to this hot swampy hellhole? Now the swamp has become expensive and the streets are in such disrepair it is like living in a third world country.. So many beautiful affordable areas of the country. Do some research.
Cinco Ranch is very nice. Fort Bend is much nicer than Harris. Houston is very enjoyable if you're middle-class!

How is this a hot swampy hellhole? Weston, FL is much more swampy compared Cinco Ranch. Barker Reservoir doesn't look as scary as The Everglades!

Old 07-27-2020, 08:58 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,741,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntpittypat View Post
As someone who has spent a lot of time in third world countries lol at this.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:44 PM

332 posts, read 261,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
As someone who has spent a lot of time in third world countries lol at this.
Tried to rep you, but I don't think it went through.

Totally agree - many Americans have no concept of how much better our living conditions are compared to developing countries. Even low income areas in America have substantially more advanced infrastructure than some of the countries I've been to in central Africa and south Asia. People need to be more grateful for the opportunities our country provides, because there are MILLIONS of people who would love to switch spots with us.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:40 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,900,720 times
May I suggest you post your issues on the relationship forum? They can sometimes help.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:12 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
May I suggest you post your issues on the relationship forum? They can sometimes help.
Is this directed at auntpittpat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston