Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:47 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,743 times

Advertisements

My favorite pizza right now is Russo's Coal-Fired Pizza at 290 & FM 1960. It is really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:20 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think the most popular pizza (based on the number sold) is Costco pizza. $10 for a huge combo pizza is not a bad deal. I used to live close to a couple of Costos and, being a regular shopper there I ate their pizza frequently. Now there only Sam's clubs where I live. I tried their pizza once and almost threw up. Unlike Costco pizza, Sam's pizza is frozen/pre-made and tastes like bad chemicals. Anyway, are these other pizzas way better than Costco's? I am looking for a good place in the SE area. Thanks.
Looking to buy at a restaurant or premade that you take home to cook? On the SE side, lately several people have mentioned Spanky's pizza on 610 @ Woodridge exit (in particular the Super Duper thin crust). Heard it's great but haven't tried it myself.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:35 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,936,309 times
On somebody's recommendation here we tried New York Pizzeria tonight and were very impressed. Delicious! Way better than the sucky Papa Johns we had, and even better than the Candelari's we had. Papa John's was a disappointment, back up north it is WAY better pizza.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 PM

202 posts, read 807,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
On somebody's recommendation here we tried New York Pizzeria tonight and were very impressed. Delicious! Way better than the sucky Papa Johns we had, and even better than the Candelari's we had. Papa John's was a disappointment, back up north it is WAY better pizza.

Glad you liked it!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM

30 posts, read 159,409 times
In Houston from NY about a year and a half, I love it here, people are fabulous, cost of living terrific, schools are great, pizza, chinese food and driving are another thing, those things are the only things I miss from NY, but hey I'll trade those things for just about the rest of the area, oh except canoli's! Hey anybody know where a canoli can be found around here? Asked a few neighbors and they never heard of them.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 PM

663 posts, read 2,263,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
Brothers Pizza. There are a couple of locations. Owned by some guys from New York that know how to make pizza stick to the paper plate.
OMG yes. This is the best pizza ever. Love this place and the owners treat you like family. Very friendly!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 PM

657 posts, read 2,544,700 times
Romano's

Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,410,939 times
We are definately limited here in the Seabrook/Clearlake area....Mario's has the best pizza so far that we have found.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,694,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
We are definately limited here in the Seabrook/Clearlake area....Mario's has the best pizza so far that we have found.

Pizza is definitely is one niche we're lacking. Wasn't impressed with Mario's at all... the one on NASA Rd 1/Texas. Angelo's gets good reviews from my uncle, though. Bay Area/Hwy 3.

Texas7 - Spanky's on 45/610 is pretty good. But we haven't gone back because it ripped both of us up to shreds. Whenever they do me like Taco Bell did me, I don't go back.

The best pizza I've had was in the heart of Chicago, and I haven't found anything comparable to it here yet.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:30 AM

756 posts, read 1,882,182 times
Star Pizza is pretty good. Surprisingly, Biba's on W. Gray makes very good pizza as well. Dolce Vita on Westheimer is hit or miss. Late Night Pie is not very good IMHO, but at 3am it is certainly very tasty. New York Pizzeria is consistently good. From what I understand from friends' recommendations, the best pizza in Houston tends to be in areas that may not be the best at night. But pizza and bbq tend to be located here from my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston