Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 07:17 PM

2,890 posts, read 2,202,410 times

Advertisements

Definitely looking forward to it.
When is it supposed to open? It isn't clear from the website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 07:54 PM

10,001 posts, read 6,696,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Houston Pavilions was doomed from the very beginning. Was underwhelming when it was completed and came at a time when Downtown Houston was completely dead. That's not the case right now. Before Covid Downtown Houston started getting life and some actual connectivity with the nightlife. Post Houston is completely different and unlike any other venue in Houston. A rooftop park/farm, event space, food hall, co-working space, shopping. And it's not completely on a deserted Island. It's close enough to Washington ave./ Theater district,First Ward to gt those kinds of crowds.

Discovery Green/Avenida Houston has been a big draw for the entire metro. I don't see why Post Houston couldn't be similar especially if they go through with adding concerts and live shows and events on the property.

More food options are always good thing. This is something that people complained about for years when it came to downtown. Plus Post Houston is so much more than a food hall.

Houston has a dozen of small food halls. None compare to the sheer size of Ponce City Market. PCM is more than a food hall too.

Exactly...If everything goes according to plan Post Houston would rival PCM. Of course PCM excels in having the beltline so I don't know if Post Houston will be having an answer for that. But the project is innovative as hell.
Exactly. Theses dudes in here must be really out of touch. Like they don’t know how much Downtown’s nightlife has been booming. Even during COVID, on some busy nights the crowds would be astonishing. Green street is nothing like what Post Houston is bringing. Literally nothing like it.

If anything, green street is benefiting from the downtown projects springing up

Old 01-18-2021, 07:59 PM

Also, you’re right. I didn’t realize how close POST was to Washington Ave. being right between Washington Ave and Main St will do it wonders,. Big crowds for sure.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:53 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,650,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Exactly. Theses dudes in here must be really out of touch. Like they don’t know how much Downtown’s nightlife has been booming. Even during COVID, on some busy nights the crowds would be astonishing. Green street is nothing like what Post Houston is bringing. Literally nothing like it.

If anything, green street is benefiting from the downtown projects springing up
Yeah the people behind Post Houston is developing this to be a cultural hub. This and Ion are 2 steps in the right direction for Houston. The food halls we have now while cool they're not what I would consider culture hubs. They're not 1 stop shopping/farming/recreation/workspace/dinning/entertainment hubs. Not to mention the developer envisions Post Houston to one day add residential space in the immediate area. If Post Houston is successful maybe other projects in the area could step it up.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:44 AM

5,646 posts, read 4,982,372 times
I am excited about the project, I just question some of the initial development programming. I would have liked to have seen more residential - as long as it doesn't but up right against the freeways.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:51 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,303,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornhouston View Post
...This redevelopment is located on the outskirts of downtown and surrounded by a sea of surface parking.
On the edge for sure, but only one, or two blocks separate it from the main downtown, hardly the "outsikrts" one might imagine. I recall the 'Day for Night' parties held there... I never went, but lots of people seemed to have enjoyed the venue.

Also, the downtown scene was picking up in the early 2000's, but when the city decided to trash Main street for the rail line, that pretty much killed the vibe, it has never been the same since. As someone else noted, however, it is starting to pick up again. Also, in the last five years, there has been a lot of high-rise residential development, one still in the works, so I'd expect downtown to get 'cool' again.

I live about a mile and a half from the venue, and maybe it has been discussed already, but it sure would be nice to have the light rail stop there. Not only for convenience so people don't have to drive there, but it would also be full circle since that building is the former location of the Southern Pacific Railroad Grand Central Station for Houston. It is a shame it was torn down to make way for the post office, now, PostHTX!

Old 01-19-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Yeah the people behind Post Houston is developing this to be a cultural hub. This and Ion are 2 steps in the right direction for Houston. The food halls we have now while cool they're not what I would consider culture hubs. They're not 1 stop shopping/farming/recreation/workspace/dinning/entertainment hubs. Not to mention the developer envisions Post Houston to one day add residential space in the immediate area. If Post Houston is successful maybe other projects in the area could step it up.
The other game changer opening this year is the East End Makers Hub. To me, this one is actually the most under hyped development right now. It won’t impact the whole neighborhood the way RID/Ion and Post are, but it’s an economic engine with the ability to facilitate all industries. Claim to be the biggest makers hub in Texas when completed. Which is what you’d expect out of Austin

Old 01-20-2021, 05:11 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,575,991 times
I'm with it. It can only make Downtown Houston more attractive than it already is.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:15 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,650,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The other game changer opening this year is the East End Makers Hub. To me, this one is actually the most under hyped development right now. It won’t impact the whole neighborhood the way RID/Ion and Post are, but it’s an economic engine with the ability to facilitate all industries. Claim to be the biggest makers hub in Texas when completed. Which is what you’d expect out of Austin
Didn't know this was happening. Looks real good!

Old 01-20-2021, 07:18 AM

694 posts, read 841,173 times
I think its great, and when its up and running, we will certainly check it out. It can only be a plus to downtown if it is successful.

My fear would be that it looks like a place you need to drive to, as its not an easy walk from where a sufficient crowd of people normally hang out in the evenings. If it becomes a destination worth driving to, it may work, otherwise It may not generate enough traffic to keep the many restaurants in business.

Really would love to see the equivalent of a Singapore style car park eatery somewhere, not sure if that's what I see in the parking lot on the bottom of the artists concept drawing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston