Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 01:49 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,973,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Exactly. The developers clearly had no inspiration behind the Pavilions/Green Street. I believe they were trying to recreate 16th street mall in Denver and somehow ended with the dull design we still have to this day. And like you said the type of stores they decided to put there was doomed to fail. A books-a-million when they probably would have been better off inserting a Barnes & Noble specialty store. Then Forever 21 popped up which made no sense. Their biggest consumer is High school & college students. What students are living in downtown for Forever 21 to be in demand like that?
The original renderings for Houston Pavilions was much better, but just like the Embassy Suites design getting butchered, so did HP's design. If built as intended it'd be a lot better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 12:55 PM

418 posts, read 742,021 times
I can see Post Market from my balcony. The grand opening was very well attended. There were lines down the block to get in throughout the day. With 2 residential highrise buildings 2 blocks away and a third (Brava) to open in the next few months, I don't think they will have a shortage of visitors. I'm looking forward to checking it out. I had Willie Nelson tickets for this week in their concert venue (713 Music Hall) but just got notified that he has postponed that concert.

Old 11-15-2021, 01:02 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,618,388 times
So I went to the Grand Opening and I must say I think this will be a great addition to Houston. Once it's completely finish(especially depending on the other tenants moving in) I can see this being a popular attraction for visitors to Houston.

It's definitely more of an experience venue than just another food Hall like Finn Hall and conservatory(which are cool in their own way). It was pretty packed so I'll wait awhile till I go back again.

Also with the addition of POST it automatically improves food traffic in downtown.

Old 11-15-2021, 01:24 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times
I didnt go because work is busy this month for us.. I plan on going with a group in a few weeks or so. I love when projects of this scale open. Every so often, a game changing project opens that really improves the recreational scene in Houston. Such as the River Oaks District, Post Oak Hotel, Discovery Green/Avenida etc. We have TMC3 and East River next. I’ll be thrilled to check them as they come.

Old 11-15-2021, 01:59 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,181,548 times
When, and if, I go, I'll be reminded of the time that I had to drive down there back in the dark ages of the 1990's when it was still a Post Office to pick up a hard copy of an IRS form I needed because my local USPS didn't have it.

And I'll be thankful for all the things we take for granted now due to technology, such as the ease of doing business on the Internet, and how "the good old days" were lacking in a lot of ways, LOL.

Old 11-15-2021, 04:31 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times
I’ll probably go take my mom to see Mana as I saw they have a pair of concerts there. She loves that band and this would be a good event to experience the POST.

Old 11-16-2021, 01:09 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times
I went on Saturday and the place has a lot of potential with the rooftop deck and event space, as well as a couple of really nice top floor and rooftop retail spaces that don't have tenants yet. I really like the rooftop deck though, it has a great view of the skyline. Hopefully people will use this and be inspired to support the Pierce Skypark when that option comes up down the road. We can never have enough places like this where people can gather downtown and enjoy the scenery and skyline.

Old 11-16-2021, 01:36 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,935,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I went on Saturday and the place has a lot of potential with the rooftop deck and event space, as well as a couple of really nice top floor and rooftop retail spaces that don't have tenants yet. I really like the rooftop deck though, it has a great view of the skyline. Hopefully people will use this and be inspired to support the Pierce Skypark when that option comes up down the road. We can never have enough places like this where people can gather downtown and enjoy the scenery and skyline.
I'm curious though - was there much freeway noise on the roof deck?

Old 11-16-2021, 03:04 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,618,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I couldn’t hear any noise from the freeway at all. Probably heard more noise from the events going on at the actual street level but there was a movie playing on the rooftop and a dance floor further down the rooftop playing music so if there was freeway noise it was drowned out.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:31 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
None that I could hear. But living here for so long, I could just be desensitized to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston