Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 10:51 AM

1,115 posts, read 2,595,880 times

Advertisements

First it was Harden and Howard
Then Harden and Paul
Then Harden and Westbrook
Playoff flops, Harden is good be he couldn't' carry the team alone.

Texans, after the D-hop screw up I lost hope. Now JJ is done and Watson is butt hurt and made it obvious that he is thinking of making a move. This motto of trying to follow the Patriots or taking their leftovers is not a good mindset. It isn't' producing results. The Rams took a young coach and he made more of an impact than the whole time BOB had in Houston. McNair's need to sell to someone who wants Texans to win, not just a means of revenue.

To say the least I didn't watch any sports this past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 12:14 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,234,220 times
Bud Adams' Bud Dome was built to host football, hockey and baseball downtown lol

Old 01-28-2021, 04:23 PM

15,615 posts, read 7,653,517 times
It looks like the Texans are doing their absolute best to make sure no one watches the team. What a bunch of incompetent boobs, being controlled by a charlatan string puller behind the scenes. The team finally had a once in a lifetime QB and only needed a few additions to have something exciting to watch with a chance to win. But nooooooooo! Let's trade away one of the best receivers in the history of the game because Easterby didn't think he was "godly" enough(that's my take), and BOB and McNair agreed. Let's acquire and pay old guys from other teams a bunch of money because they had a good year a decade ago. Let's annoy JJ Watt to the point he wants out.

If Watson leaves, I can't think of a reason to spend any of my time or money watching a team that will continue to fail.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:41 PM

6,301 posts, read 7,535,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
It looks like the Texans are doing their absolute best to make sure no one watches the team. What a bunch of incompetent boobs, being controlled by a charlatan string puller behind the scenes. The team finally had a once in a lifetime QB and only needed a few additions to have something exciting to watch with a chance to win. But nooooooooo! Let's trade away one of the best receivers in the history of the game because Easterby didn't think he was "godly" enough(that's my take), and BOB and McNair agreed. Let's acquire and pay old guys from other teams a bunch of money because they had a good year a decade ago. Let's annoy JJ Watt to the point he wants out.

If Watson leaves, I can't think of a reason to spend any of my time or money watching a team that will continue to fail.
The NFL is working with the Texans behind the scene to make sure the Texans do not erode the Cowboys fan base..

Old 01-28-2021, 07:19 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,577,619 times
Quote:

I’m with you. I can’t see myself supporting the Texans any longer if Watson and/or JJ Watt leave.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:28 PM

2,029 posts, read 773,486 times
Quote:

The problem is, even with a once in a lifetime QB, they were 4-12.

They have no cap space and no draft picks in the forceable future.

The best move at this point, is to trade Watson, get a haul of picks, and rebuild.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:56 PM

5,647 posts, read 4,990,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
The problem is, even with a once in a lifetime QB, they were 4-12.

They have no cap space and no draft picks in the forceable future.

The best move at this point, is to trade Watson, get a haul of picks, and rebuild.
While I see your point, if whoever they pick also ends up hating the organization, are we going to get the best out of them? All signs point to the problems being in top management, above the GM and coaching level. So drafting great players (which is a crap shoot to begin with) may not make much difference as long as the toxicity remains.

Last edited by LocalPlanner; 01-28-2021 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: Typo correction

Old 01-28-2021, 09:07 PM

10,024 posts, read 6,718,197 times
The Rockets are fine. The Harden era had to end eventually. Atleast they have a deep roster, lots of picks and emerging star PF Chbristian Wood. While it’s too early to judge, this team is still exciting and the Big 4 they have going on is honestly a great thing to see now after every play got the last near decade was running through Harden. Harden isn’t the only one to blame for that, the system he was in was designed that way but it was still annoying.

The Texans on the other hand, no picks, no cap space, no great players left. Nothing WC toting to come with that team. Even if someone could come in and fix their situation, they would prefer go to another team. It’ll be some dark years to come for the Texans. Let’s check back in 2024.

Atleast the Rockets have a good young emerging star. A good future, ands a competitive roster. Texans are a joke. The Knicks of the NFL. All the Texans have going on is sharing a venue with Rodeo and Astroworld.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:45 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,263,602 times
Honestly, it's hard to understand what the Texans are doing, or even thinking. They hire a 65 year old guy to be their head coach. A guy who has never been a head coach, or even an offensive coordinator. He's the oldest guy in the history of the NFL to be hired as a head coach for the first time. So D4 realizes he's got another learning period ahead of him (with this new coach), at a time when he should be at his peak. Plus at 65, the coach will just be a place-holder, until someone younger comes along. Great, so D4 gets to train another coach in a couple years.

He's too good to waste his career. And too smart to let it happen. So he wants out, and he will get out.

The McNairs are terrible owners. Cal is even worse than his dad was. He has the "I'm really rich so my decisions must be good" syndrome. AKA "I'm rich so I'm smart, right? Right?". His daddy earned his money, Cal... well, we know where he got his.

As fans, we should acknowledge that it's going to be a rough few years. We'll need to work thru a rookie coach, no QB, very few star-quality players, and some front office yahoos. Maybe in 3-5 years, we can get past this and start over. Until then, we're the Jets. The Browns (of old). Just another bottom tier team.

Sad.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:32 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,292,136 times
If you want a local team to support, it's a good time to turn your support to Houston Cougar basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston