Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 12:16 AM

814 posts, read 681,140 times

Advertisements

I figure the big freeze was a fluke, then I read we are entering the first years of a long solar decline with much cooler winters expected. For many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 03:19 PM

7,331 posts, read 6,958,723 times
There are new batteries being developed I can't afford but if you have a mind to Look into lithium-ion and such
Personally, I don't like kits,
Something premade locks one into their specific product. I like the flexibility of making my own decisions as things age and change.
My particular preference for my economic status is 6 volt deep cycle golf cart batteries. They may not be the best but they seem to be just behind what is.
But a battery system can be charged off the grid or via wind-mill or solar or a generator. or all 4.
The thing is the generator does not have to run 24 /7 if you have sufficient battery to take you through the night, especially if you use LED 12 volt DC lighting.
A lot of people rent and do not own a home and for this contingency, I built myself a shop trailer that has all that gear.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:48 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,560,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
I figure the big freeze was a fluke, then I read we are entering the first years of a long solar decline with much cooler winters expected. For many years.
bUT IT does not mean TX will get the Arctic Blast.
WHAT ABOUT SUMMER?

Old 03-28-2021, 08:59 AM

814 posts, read 681,140 times
Well, the solar dim should reduce the summer electric load, no ?

Old 03-28-2021, 09:30 AM

I am used to heat ,in fact I like it !It is cold I cant stand,but surprising during the February winter storm,all I need is a heavy wool sweater and a pair of long cotton pants with blankets covering me while I play couch potato,there is no heat in the house.
But I made sure all the windows and doors are well insulated,by using USPS priority envelope !!!!!!!!!to stop the cold air from coming in,try it

Old 03-28-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
Well, the solar dim should reduce the summer electric load, no ?
I dont know but the weather seems to be changing,Spring is here,I dont need alarm clock,every year the mocking bird returns from god knows where and dwell on my backyard bush as tall as a tree and start making noises at 7 am.
And the Mexican Jay birds will try to build a nest above my front door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston