Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 08:26 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,281,189 times

Advertisements

I haven't needed repellant in a few years unless I was walking in a nature preserve or near a marsh. Then you will come home with all kinds of red spots and bumps.

Now they were bad in my neighborhood one summer a few years ago. I stayed indoors a lot that year and sang praises when I heard the mosquito truck pass by. That's not the norm, but it's not unheard of either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 11:29 AM

3,185 posts, read 2,073,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Get one can of bug barrier spray. I get the red can, I think it has a tiger on it. I spray it right where the baseboards meet the floor all over the first level of my house. Also spray along doorways. It usually kills everything for about six months. It's usually around 15 bucks.
Yep, its called Bengal. It's the best stuff ever, can confirm everything you say is true. Spray it before you even move your stuff in, it will kill everything within a day and you won't see anything else for a long time.

That reminds me of a funny story about Bengal. I was a freshman in college and one of my dormmates came to my room looking for roach spray because he saw a roach in the downstairs bathroom. I grabbed the Bengal for some reason (though I had a can of Raid too) and went downstairs with him. I saw the roach and started spraying it with the Bengal. Nothing happened. So I followed the roach around spraying him with the Bengal and he just kept walking around. Finally, after I had sprayed out about half of the can, he turned over and died. I went back upstairs to my room thinking "my mom was wrong about this stuff, its trash".

Twenty minutes or so later, the same guy comes flying into my room shouting "Come downstairs you gotta see this!" I ran out of my room and followed him to the bathroom. I don't even really know how to properly describe what I saw. Roaches were coming out of every pipe, crevice, and crack in the wall that you could see - and almost immediately dying. There were roaches coming out of the urinals. Out of the sinks. Horror movie stuff. Some would walk around for a bit and then die, but they were coming from everywhere. It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. We're talking about hundreds.

It was so bad they had to shut the bathroom down for a day or so to clean everything up. That was how I learned Bengal was not for if you see a single bug, its for preventive extermination. That's why my mom had dropped the Raid in there.

But what can you say, kids.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,474,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Yep, its called Bengal. It's the best stuff ever...

BENGAL GOLD DRY ROACH SPRAY

I've posted about it so often that I've been accused of working for the company. (I dont but I wish I had stock in it.) Houston is the birthplace of waterbugs (those big black tree-roaches that dive-bomb you when they get in the house) and other indoor bugs. I spray Bengal Gold in my garage, around my exterior doors and in both bathrooms twice a year -- and I havent seen a live bug in many, many years. You should also spray it under the kitchen sink and wherever else you've seen bugs.

It's a dry spray and doesnt have a roach-spray odor at all. You can buy it just about anywhere. Bengal makes different kinds -- be sure to get the GOLD spray. The other kinds work well but the Gold is the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston