Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 12:53 PM
kwr

254 posts, read 493,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Per article: “The abundantly landscaped hotel, designed to be only two stories tall so that it remains in scale with the surrounding buildings, will enliven this corner of the neighborhood with new amenities and offerings.”

These Montrose developments are being designed to blend well together. It definitely warms my heart to See this iconic portion of westheimer get the walkability it deserves.

Rendering of the Saint Augustine hotel:

https://dqnd2s53vp2ic.cloudfront.net...ine_133009.jpg
TY for adding the photo. I haven’t quite figured out how to do that on CD. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 03:43 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,044,970 times
Quote:
Per article: “The abundantly landscaped hotel, designed to be only two stories tall so that it remains in scale with the surrounding buildings, will enliven this corner of the neighborhood with new amenities and offerings.”

These Montrose developments are being designed to blend well together. It definitely warms my heart to See this iconic portion of westheimer get the walkability it deserves.

Rendering of the Saint Augustine hotel:

https://dqnd2s53vp2ic.cloudfront.net...ine_133009.jpg
That hotel should be beautiful and given where it is, they will spare no expense. Great find.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:13 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
Updated construction photos of the the Rice Innovation District. The Greenspace on the back of the Ion building is beginning to take form. This walkable green space has plans to expand on to the adjacent streets.

Green town Labs building looks surprisingly great at night. The Ion does as well and they have plans for light show installations. Hope they eventually power these green otherwise this will be counter productive. You can tell as these developments keep rolling out this district is bound to be special.

I’m a bit confused as to why Chevron isn’t appearing as a tenant in the buildings tenant listing. I see Microsoft and Common Desk as expected but not Chevron. Unless they moved to the Greentown Labs. I guess that building resembles their industry more anyway.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:55 AM

Anyone else driven on the triangular Portsmouth and Shepherd roads where Halal Guys and Whataburger is? I’m so glad it’s finally getting a lift! I remember it used to be a nightmare to drive on.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:02 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,180,565 times
I read Dawn Burrell (who made to the finale of the most recent Top Chef) is opening her new restaurant in the old Sears Building. Should be a good one to try, because her food on Top Chef looked great. The name of the restaurant is Late August because that's when the annual Sears catalog would come out each year, which I think is a cool nod to the building's history.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:00 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Here’s a rendering of Skanksa’s Montrose project for those who haven’t seen it

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...f70ed6857a.jpg

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...f70ed6aebd.jpg

This used to be the closest Specs to me so I was upset about that. But I can’t complain when something better is coming. This will look great next to the Montrose Collective which is also under construction.
I could be wrong but I think that's not the final design of that project and it is in fact the project going up in Helsinki. I don't see this project on their website for Houston.

https://www.skanska.fi/tietoa-skansk...a-on-ratkennut

Last edited by Spade; 08-17-2021 at 11:46 AM..

Old 08-19-2021, 10:12 AM

The Montrose Collection’s dominant office tenant will be Live Nation. They are occupying the top 3 floors with 75K sq ft office space. Signs are up.

Even though it’s not important, it is fitting for an entertainment giant to be the primary tenant in a Montrose project.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:32 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Awesome thread!

Old 08-26-2021, 05:22 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,021,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
East River broke ground today...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...w-tenants.html

Old 08-26-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
Very nice. Lots of construction projects have started on the last month. This, Skanksa’s convention tower, Skanksa’s Montrose project, Galveston third cruise terminal, A&M’s third Innovation Plaza tower are some notable examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston