Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 07:19 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,583,760 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but the Woodlands has recently scored some big name shopping and fine dining locations. You don’t just see Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, etc just open in random upscale suburbs. Even Mastro’s Steakhouse is planting a Woodlands location and you only see these in really prime locations like Beverly Hills, 5th Ave, Scottsdale, etc.

I think there’s some more value to be squeezed in before the Woodlands becomes what it is and follows National real estate growth trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 07:37 PM

313 posts, read 281,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultright View Post
It used to be a kind of wild 'n wooly place. Now the yuppies are moving in.
Do you live in Cypress?

Old 08-18-2021, 08:19 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Indeed, the houses they bought three years ago for X are selling today for X + $100k. But how long can it go on? I'm a happy former owner (not in Houston) that sold a couple months ago... but there's no way in hell I'd buy into that neighborhood today. The prices are just crazy.

I know!

I am in Copperfield in a VERY middle class 1 story home that I bought in 1995 and I could sell it today for well over twice what I paid for it and again...it is nothing special and has few updates.

Years ago, I bought country property in Fayette County with the intentions of retiring there and man...am I glad I did! Even out there, land prices have also gone crazy as we have seen Round Top grow and change. It is insane.

I am not sure how much longer this market will go on and yes. in the last month or so, it has seemed to slow a little. Still...no real end in sight.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:29 AM

313 posts, read 281,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I know!

I am in Copperfield in a VERY middle class 1 story home that I bought in 1995 and I could sell it today for well over twice what I paid for it and again...it is nothing special and has few updates.

Years ago, I bought country property in Fayette County with the intentions of retiring there and man...am I glad I did! Even out there, land prices have also gone crazy as we have seen Round Top grow and change. It is insane.

I am not sure how much longer this market will go on and yes. in the last month or so, it has seemed to slow a little. Still...no real end in sight.
It’s a great time to sell high but the hard part is finding a house to buy and still keep some profit. I’ve got friends looking and they tell me they see a bunch of pricey DIY flip and McFlip houses.

That was smart to buy land a few years ago.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:45 PM

1,952 posts, read 828,379 times
That was smart to buy land a few years ago.[/quote]

No kidding. Smartest investment move I ever made.

Today, I don't think I could swing much land in Fayette or Washington Counties. Everyone wants to move out of the cities and live the rural life. All my neighbors are ex oil biz execs or other older Houston and Austin refugees that are retired or near retiring age.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:00 AM

52 posts, read 27,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGreengrass View Post
That was smart to buy land a few years ago.

Wish I'd bought land back in the 1980s during the recession. Pennies on the dollar.

I think the peak is over, at this point, but the town is driven by housing development and oil, so it's going to keep expanding outward until it reaches Beijing.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:32 PM

Just saw Chanel is adding a beauty boutique to the Woodlands town center. Yeah I think there’s value that will come with these designer boutiques and high end restaurants. I see the value appreciating beyond National trends once more

Old 09-01-2021, 05:30 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Yes, they’ll appreciate. Now who will appreciate faster is something else. The woodlands isn’t even the quickest to appreciate in the Houston area if that’s what you’re specifically looking for.

If you’re looking for home flipping, that’s a different story. I would look into Bridgeland before the Woodlands if you’re looking to maximize potential value
I just checked Fema maps and Bridgeland looks like a major flood risk area.

Thoughts?

Old 09-01-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
I just checked Fema maps and Bridgeland looks like a major flood risk area.

Thoughts?
I just looked and I didn’t see this. It was at low risk where I saw. That said though, there’s A LOT of construction in that area so this could change.

I also don’t think this would offset appreciation unless it were an extreme flooding zone like parts of Meyerland.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:11 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I just looked and I didn’t see this. It was at low risk where I saw. That said though, there’s A LOT of construction in that area so this could change.

I also don’t think this would offset appreciation unless it were an extreme flooding zone like parts of Meyerland.
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston