Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 11:26 AM

227 posts, read 138,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
You choose to trust whoever tells you what you want to hear. That goes for liberals and conservatives.

Lina will cruise to victory. Its Harris County after all. If Beto runs, Abbott will win very easily. I do think we have a shot to get rid of Paxton though.
No, I choose to listen to qualified people on relevant topics rather than taking advice from an anonymous internet poster.

Hidalgo may very well cruise to victory. If voters are ok with the troubling trends in violent crime under her tenure then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 11:46 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,925,534 times
Ha, Cuevas himself demonstrates he has little understanding of what the commissioners court does. The grievances filed, er, press release, include non-specific allegations that do not even fall under the purview of the commissioners court, and some that would be self-incriminating. What a maroon.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Ha, Cuevas himself demonstrates he has little understanding of what the commissioners court does. The grievances filed, er, press release, include non-specific allegations that do not even fall under the purview of the commissioners court, and some that would be self-incriminating. What a maroon.
So the President of the HCDO representing over 3000 Deputies and Detention officers who also happens to be a sergeant does not understand the purview of the commissioners court? Furthermore, an anonymous internet poster who likely has no involvement in law enforcement and has no interaction with the commissioners court is more qualified on the topic?

And FYI, Cuevas didn't write that article.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:59 PM

3,194 posts, read 2,086,886 times
Quote:
You choose to trust whoever tells you what you want to hear. That goes for liberals and conservatives.

Lina will cruise to victory. Its Harris County after all. If Beto runs, Abbott will win very easily. I do think we have a shot to get rid of Paxton though.
As usual, on point. Beto would get landslid by Abbott. McConoughey would probably give him a run for his money assuming he's somewhere between center-left and center-right as he appears to be.

Paxton is a disaster. If he wins again - Lord help us.

Old 09-23-2021, 01:07 PM

3,194 posts, read 2,086,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utche96 View Post
No, I choose to listen to qualified people on relevant topics rather than taking advice from an anonymous internet poster.

Hidalgo may very well cruise to victory. If voters are ok with the troubling trends in violent crime under her tenure then so be it.
You're aware her job (especially in Harris County) has very little to do with law enforcement whatsoever - right? They don't preside over any court proceedings (other than commissioners court) here.

Not sure why you're not directing your ire towards the appointed and elected officials that actually have some power to make decisions that affect the adjudication of justice in Harris County, such as Kim Ogg, Ed Gonzalez and Troy Finner. Also not sure why you haven't mentioned the voters - they elected the actual trial judges that routinely do things like setting low bonds for violent crimes.

Plenty of people to blame that could actually do something about it, but Lina has very little power in this regard - it makes zero sense to blame her.

Old 09-23-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
You're aware her job (especially in Harris County) has very little to do with law enforcement whatsoever - right?
You guys can keep repeating this nonsense over and over but its simply not true. The Commissioner's court is involved in budget and resource decisions for the Sheriff's department and jails. Lack of budget and resourcing appears to be the basis of the lawsuit against them by the HCDO.

https://www.hcp1.net/CommissionersCourt

Quote:
The governing body of Harris County is the Commissioners Court. .. In addition to directly serving each precinct's constituents, Commissioners Court develops county policies, including budgetary, and tax and revenue decisions while providing oversight of numerous departments, such as Public Health Services, Sheriff's Department and Jail, Flood Control District, County Attorney's Office, and Community Services Department. Commissioners Court also coordinates disaster recovery with state and federal governments.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:44 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,053,878 times
Quote:

Lina is a polarizing figure. I don't think she will cruise to victory but we shall see. I wouldn't shed any tears if Paxton and Patrick are ousted...

Old 09-23-2021, 04:05 PM

10,016 posts, read 6,709,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
Lina is a polarizing figure. I don't think she will cruise to victory but we shall see. I wouldn't shed any tears if Paxton and Patrick are ousted...
Bring polarizing doesn’t count against her winning. All this does is make those against her louder and spike their blood pressure while she gets re elected. It’s the same thing as when Turner got re elected. Those against were convinced there was a chance because the opposition was loud and it convinced one another that there was momentum. The same thing is about to happen now. Lina will cruise to victory in Harris country regardless how how loud Twitter user account is.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:15 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 21 days ago)

8,451 posts, read 5,593,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
Regardless of any opinion of her, she has a D next to her name and it’s Harris County.

I actually like her. She’s young but I’m pleased with her leadership.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:52 AM

1,952 posts, read 836,221 times
Beto's coattails are not going anywhere after his "hell yeah...we're going to take your AR-15s" remark.

That pretty much did him in on the state level. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston