Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 06:49 AM

2,030 posts, read 3,539,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Can we downvote her this November or that's going to be different election?
I'm only seeing state constitutional amendments and local school board elections on my sample ballot this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 06:54 AM

2,447 posts, read 2,543,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I'm only seeing state constitutional amendments and local school board elections on my sample ballot this year.
Yes I saw we need to wait till 2024...

Old 10-22-2021, 07:10 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 15 days ago)

8,428 posts, read 5,572,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Can we downvote her this November or that's going to be different election?
Its Harris County. Any fantasy that the county will elect a Republican for a DA position is delusional.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:07 AM

9,978 posts, read 6,689,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Its Harris County. Any fantasy that the county will elect a Republican for a DA position is delusional.
Correct. Harris County transitioned from “blue leaning” to solidly blue recently. This is why the denial stage for hardcore republicans is still fairly early. This is why you still hear excuses such as “low republicans turnout” and others to convince themselves there’s still a chance. In the next couple of elections, the die hard republicans will begin to migrate to suburbs, the country, or other more republicans friendly places.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:51 AM

15,589 posts, read 7,614,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Correct. Harris County transitioned from “blue leaning” to solidly blue recently. This is why the denial stage for hardcore republicans is still fairly early. This is why you still hear excuses such as “low republicans turnout” and others to convince themselves there’s still a chance. In the next couple of elections, the die hard republicans will begin to migrate to suburbs, the country, or other more republicans friendly places.
They aren't leaving Harris County in any great numbers - their jobs and businesses are here. At most, they movbe to Montgomery County

Old 10-22-2021, 10:18 AM

9,978 posts, read 6,689,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
They aren't leaving Harris County in any great numbers - their jobs and businesses are here. At most, they movbe to Montgomery County
They won’t all just get up and leave following an election. But a good mass of them will begin exiting as the blue dynasty gets deeper and deeper and the county level policies end up becoming more liberal. The ones who work in Harris may look at commuting from Brazoria, etc. And some may even just leave the area.

Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,994,030 times
Quote:
They won’t all just get up and leave following an election. But a good mass of them will begin exiting as the blue dynasty gets deeper and deeper and the county level policies end up becoming more liberal. The ones who work in Harris may look at commuting from Brazoria, etc. And some may even just leave the area.
There's a reason why rural Texas land is selling fast, and it's not just corporations buying them up either and it's certainly not people who tend to vote Democrat.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:14 PM

24,055 posts, read 15,168,475 times
Quote:
That deep blue Harris county is still in deep red Texas. And after the new lines are drawn it will not get any better.

There will be no more straight ticket voting. I'm waiting one more general election before moving to another state. But where?

And at my age moving is a chore. A friend was just widowed. Her first response was she was getting the hell out of Texas. So those I know who are not working are considering a move to another state. Leaving grandkids is serious.

Just depends on how full Trump Abbott goes. Now that a Trump election fraud disciple is in charge of our elections, it's a done deal.

Old 10-22-2021, 06:28 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 15 days ago)

8,428 posts, read 5,572,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
That deep blue Harris county is still in deep red Texas. And after the new lines are drawn it will not get any better.

There will be no more straight ticket voting. I'm waiting one more general election before moving to another state. But where?

And at my age moving is a chore. A friend was just widowed. Her first response was she was getting the hell out of Texas. So those I know who are not working are considering a move to another state. Leaving grandkids is serious.

Just depends on how full Trump Abbott goes. Now that a Trump election fraud disciple is in charge of our elections, it's a done deal.
I all honesty that’s why I think Texas is a toilet minus the major urban areas which are great.

Though I do have a soft spot for Amarillo…

Old 10-22-2021, 08:07 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,543,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I all honesty that’s why I think Texas is a toilet minus the major urban areas which are great.

Though I do have a soft spot for Amarillo…
Interesting logic.
Crime is only increasing in those urban areas, partially due to the people like Kim Ogg.
And seems that's what you love and you are going to vote for that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston