Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 PM

18 posts, read 57,818 times

Advertisements

Spring Trails is just off Riley Fuzzle VERY near the Hardy Toll Rd. Same houses as The Woodlands but without the lot premiums and high taxes and a very easy commute into downtown because of the Hardy. Near enough to The Woodlands to take advantage of Woodlands amenities like shopping/restaurants/parks, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Sienna Plantation booster here.

My commute from Sienna to the Galleria is right around half an hour. Sometimes 25 min, sometimes 35.

Very treed, great facilities, good schools, loads of larger homes. Four waterparks/pools. Two fitness centres.

www.siennaplantation.com

Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Sugar Land sounds like a better fit for your family....specifically the Sweetwater, Avalon or Greatwood areas. Also look at Sienna Plantation in Missouri City....lots of trees, deer...etc.
Yes Missouri City is a good location because it's right between Houston and Sugar Land. Shorter commute to Houston. Just watch for the older, poorer east side that borders with Houston and Fresno... tons of foreclosures in Fresno. Sienna, Lake Olympia, and all the "Colony" neighborhoods off of Dulles Blvd are nice.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 PM

182 posts, read 768,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Sienna Plantation booster here.

My commute from Sienna to the Galleria is right around half an hour. Sometimes 25 min, sometimes 35.

Very treed, great facilities, good schools, loads of larger homes. Four waterparks/pools. Two fitness centres.

www.siennaplantation.com
Sure, if you don't mind paying to use the toll road to go absolutely anywhere. Given the upper range of prices (500K+) in your range, I would personally look in First Colony first and foremost, perhaps Sugar Creek though I honestly don't know the price range there.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM

182 posts, read 768,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Sugar Land sounds like a better fit for your family....specifically the Sweetwater, Avalon or Greatwood areas. Also look at Sienna Plantation in Missouri City....lots of trees, deer...etc.
I wouldn't include Greatwood in the list. Unlike other area sof Sugar Land, Greatwood is in Lamar ISD, NOT Fort Bend ISD. (not that Lamar is bad, it's just not on the same level as Fort Bend) Plus the construction on 59 is going to be a major headache for some time to come. It's also a good bit farther out than other options which adds to commute time, though 59 rarely backs up that far out (or it wouldn't if not for the construction bottleneck).

Personally I live in New Territory and love it here, (particularly because of the trees) but 40 minutes to downtown isn't realistic from here - it's doable but you have to get outside of peak rush hour or you're talking about an hour or so.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWings View Post
Sure, if you don't mind paying to use the toll road to go absolutely anywhere. Given the upper range of prices (500K+) in your range, I would personally look in First Colony first and foremost, perhaps Sugar Creek though I honestly don't know the price range there.
Meh, a buck for the toll road or $5 worth of gas creeping along 59. Seems like a pretty easy decision to me.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:
... I would personally look in First Colony first and foremost, perhaps Sugar Creek though I honestly don't know the price range there.
I agree - can't go wrong with anything in First Colony. It's very central to everything and holds its value. It's mostly in Sugar Land but also includes the far west part of Missouri City. Closer in than places like New Territory and Greatwood.

Sugar Creek - good location, but not sure about their elementary school ranking. The far east part of it is in Stafford.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,937,568 times
Quote:
Personally I live in New Territory and love it here, (particularly because of the trees) but 40 minutes to downtown isn't realistic from here - it's doable but you have to get outside of peak rush hour or you're talking about an hour or so.
Silverwings, just curious, what would the commute to the Galleria be from New Territory? I'm interested in a couple houses there but I'm concerned about commutes.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:26 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
...what would the commute to the Galleria be from New Territory? I'm interested in a couple houses there but I'm concerned about commutes.
My husband meets clients there sometimes and I think he'd say 30-50 minutes depending on the time of day.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM

29 posts, read 173,903 times
Default Chris_UT - HELP!!!

[quote=chris_ut;3787199]Kingwood.

I see you live in Kingwood. Would you be willing to post some pictures of Kingwood? We cannot find any here.

Thanx a bunch!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston