Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 10:35 PM

1,555 posts, read 782,490 times

Advertisements

I see this going to game 7 extra innings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 06:19 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,983,034 times
After game 1 I had a strong feeling it was gonna be Astros in 6. So strong I placed some bets on it. My prediction was looking a little shaky after game 3 but then I remembered the alcs game 3 in 2021 where the astros gave up two grand slams. Philly, a team with a higher payroll than the Astros, have a nice team but the luck is over.

what I love about the people hating on the astros for cheating is they say nothing about the red sox, who hired their folks back. say nothing about the Yankees or Beltran, who brought that cheating system to Houston (Beltran literally said the astros were behind the times). Even more just four players are still a holdover from that era (Altuve, Bregman, Verlander, and Gurriel). One of which (Altuve) didnt even participate in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
My take is this…. It will go one of two ways. Supposing rhay the Astros secure this one and perhaps stay relevant for a few years, they’ll have a patriots effect.. meaning they’ll be the hated but “gotta respect the greatness” effect.

Or they lose this and their success stalls out, window closes and they become a background team and MLB textbook pages turn…

Incase you were cushions about what a years difference makes in terms of the media, here you go…

Before 2021 World Series
https://youtu.be/Iyj1k8ZyrZ0

Before 2022 World Series
https://youtu.be/06KtExKuV_E
Lol what do you mean "perhaps" stay relevant for the next few years? the Astros are going to be relevant until 2030. Check the ages of the star players and that pitching staff is young and ruthless. Teams have tried emulating what the Astros have done but they havent hit on their draft picks the same way. That was the genius of Luhnow. Without the pitching staff, the windownwould have cloaed in 2024-2025ish but the pitchers (and ones up next year like Hunter Brown) extended it another several years.

Old 11-05-2022, 06:31 AM

15,468 posts, read 7,522,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
After game 1 I had a strong feeling it was gonna be Astros in 6. So strong I placed some bets on it. My prediction was looking a little shaky after game 3 but then I remembered the alcs game 3 in 2021 where the astros gave up two grand slams. Philly, a team with a higher payroll than the Astros, have a nice team but the luck is over.

what I love about the people hating on the astros for cheating is they say nothing about the red sox, who hired their folks back. say nothing about the Yankees or Beltran, who brought that cheating system to Houston (Beltran literally said the astros were behind the times). Even more just four players are still a holdover from that era (Altuve, Bregman, Verlander, and Gurriel). One of which (Altuve) didnt even participate in the system.

Lol what do you mean "perhaps" stay relevant for the next few years? the Astros are going to be relevant until 2030. Check the ages of the star players and that pitching staff is young and ruthless. Teams have tried emulating what the Astros have done but they havent hit on their draft picks the same way. That was the genius of Luhnow. Without the pitching staff, the windownwould have cloaed in 2024-2025ish but the pitchers (and ones up next year like Hunter Brown) extended it another several years.
Lets hope that losing Oz Ocampo to Miami(good for him for getting a much deserved promotion by moving) doesn't mess up the Astros' ability to get international talent.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:10 AM

1,736 posts, read 1,033,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

I can't rep you anymore. Everything you say is true. If the Astros win they cement their dynasty over the last decade. If they lose they risk being labeled as the Atlanta Braves of the '90s. Go 'Stros!!

Old 11-05-2022, 12:26 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,311,830 times
Let’s see how many people complain about the Astros turning political
By having a man that has been campaigning for months for the Republican candidate for Harris county judge
And now he’s going to throw the first pitch of the World Series 3 days before Election Day

Old 11-05-2022, 12:41 PM

9,915 posts, read 6,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
By having a man that has been campaigning for months for the Republican candidate for Harris county judge
And now he’s going to throw the first pitch of the World Series 3 days before Election Day
I doubt they’ll care

Old 11-05-2022, 12:53 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,033,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You are clueless if you think Mattress Mack throwing out the first pitch has anything to do with politics. He’s been fighting with Phillies fans the last 3 days, defending the Astros and Jose Altuve. He’s a hero to Astros fans.

Just enjoy and quit looking at life through a red/blue lens. That is not what Houston is about.

Old 11-05-2022, 05:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
You are clueless if you think Mattress Mack throwing out the first pitch has anything to do with politics. He’s been fighting with Phillies fans the last 3 days, defending the Astros and Jose Altuve. He’s a hero to Astros fans.

Just enjoy and quit looking at life through a red/blue lens. That is not what Houston is about.
Is he going to throw out the pitch?
I thought it had not been announced
But good for him if he gets it
His name and charity work are well known in Houston—he doesn’t need this 2 min of fame to bring him to anyone’s notice
And he took 200 mattresses to Philly for donation there even though he thinks the fans stink…

And just an aside to Dopo—
Your byline should show Children’s lives matter

Old 11-05-2022, 05:48 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,311,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And just an aside to Dopo—
Your byline should show Children’s lives matter
I might fix it only because you didn’t make fun of me

Old 11-05-2022, 10:51 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,767,478 times
Parade scheduled for monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: